Hurom Slow Juicer

As others have mentioned, this is virtually the same juicer as the Omega VRT, having the same working parts but just a different body styling and name. I’m pretty sure I have read that a lot of the parts are made in the same factory (during my overly long juicer research mission).

If you can find this model or the Omega in Bed Bad & Beyond, you can use a 20% off coupon!

If that is an option for you, the kicker will be to compare models and warranty.

Ah, I knew I heard it somewhere. This guy has TONS of videos of juicers on youtube:

The rebate info may be outdated
[youtube=V1BUS_SDS3w][/youtube]

[youtube=mvhGv_xmr1w][/youtube]

Some talk about the warranty comparison, but the vid is two years old so it could be wrong
[youtube=MrQOgzM6d4M][/youtube]

I guess the whole ‘apes came down from the trees’ thing was wasted on you.

Waiting for a B2F delorean.

You must have read-only memory; not unlike the up-writer: look at it side-by-side with the product details (and lo, there they are in my android browser, all side by side-y)… mostly verbatim. Set your bar higher, sirrah: this is Woot!, home of the screaming flying monkey and the crapless woot-off.

Oh…
Never mind.

I apologize in advance for what I am about to do…

Okay, here it comes…
you waited this long…
Ready?

Plastic augers well,
metal augers better.

I’d like to know what generation this Hurom juicer is as the earlier models were subject to part problems. The latest generation is the 3rd and is a white model.

As stated on discount juicers . .

“One of the problems that were seen with the original Hurom Juicer and the original Omega VRT330 juicer was the white, small hole screen tended to form stress cracks for people that were using their juicer more than 1-2 times a week.”

Wait a minute, does it teleport the juice out of the foot?

The fiber in foods serves to provide a sense of satiety, control hunger longer, and triggers a rather complex (and slow acting) hormonal system to tell your brain you’re full.

The act of chewing food also serves to let your brain know you’ve eaten.

If you’re looking to juice everything as a “diet” - you’re doing it wrong. Be prepared to be hungry all the time, and get far more caloric load if you’re juicing fruits. And none of the benefit from the fiber.

Unless your jaw is wired shut consider just eating the whole damn fruit or vegetable. It’s really not hard.

I get the attraction of coconut or almond milk from this thing, but are you really that lazy that you can’t chew your food and need a machine to effectively chew it for you and spit the results into your mouth?

AND - awesome - Woot! edited (well, censored) my sig for me.

This place is getting better all the time!

Awesome post. Amen.

I have the Omega VRT350HD, which, as others have said, is essentially the same juicer (they’re made in the same factory). I bought the Omega because Hurom switched its warranty from 10 yrs. to 1 and the Omega still has a 10 yr. That said, it’s a great juicer. It does need to be cleaned immediately, but it’s easy to clean. Wheat grass and other fibrous items do tend to get “stuck” in the waste chute near the top, but usually not enough so that the entire chute gets clogged. Since I hate eating fruits and vegetables (like it in concept, but suck at it in reality), the juicer gives me a way to put a heap of fruit and veggies into a glass and chug it. I get more benefit with way less suffering. Far less rotting produce in my fridge now.

You’ve got to let go of those resentments. Their site. Their rules. Get over it. Posting in your sig about something that happened 4 years ago is a bit self-absorbed. Let Go, Let God, you’ll be freer and happier for it.

EDIT: In for one after swearing off woot. Still hate the new site.

It’s a slow juicer because it uses a low RPM auger instead of your typical high RPM grinder/centrifuge. It’s faster because augers are much more efficient at juicing than a grinder/centrifuge. If you’re serious about juicing, especially leafy greens, a juicer like this is the way to go.

I have this juicer and love it. I’ve been using it to juice every day since we got it in November. It can juice just about anything including greens and the cleanup is super easy and just takes 1 or 2 minutes. Highly recommend it.

First post since 2007? I hope you’re not an AMZN sock puppet. I just clicked the stupidly large yellow button for $299 and hope to get my money’s worth :slight_smile:

Hey now, if there were no purchases, I’d get the dig but not everyone hangs out in the forums much. :slight_smile:

Please come back and let us know how the juicer works for you though!

Mmm… stroyent.

Not a dig, a concern. I like your new avatar. Probably have had it awhile, but as I mentioned, I swore off awhile back :wink:
Oh and I will post feedback–I plan on doing a juice fast like in the movie mentioned above.

No offense, this is partially an ignorant comment. Yes chewing and fiber makes you feel full.

You are assuming a juicer’s role in a persons diet is black and white, that either they are drinking instead of eating, or they’re not. Consider the idea that most people use a juicer for, which is to supplement their diet with a high amount of nutrients and live enzymes easily. Watch some of the videos by that guy I posted above. He will juice a table full of vegetables, fruits and greens. Even for a meal, not many people can imagine sitting there and chewing all of that food. And not many people would, which is why the easier option of drinking all of that same goodness can be great for health when a part of a good diet. It’s not about being too lazy to chew, that’s ridiculous.

Lets say you don’t plan to have a salad today, but you will have three square meals and still would like to get the nutrients of some leafy greens in for the day (the most nutrient packed food). So you juice a head of kale with some ginger, lemon juice, and an apple. It may not be the tastiest drink ever, but trust me you will feel more awake and energetic than after any kind of sugary caffeine drink.