Hype USB Tape to MP3 Converter

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Hype USB Tape to MP3 Converter
$17.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I’m in for 3, but what’s a tape?

People still have cassette tapes?

wtf is this???

Day 3! oh please let it be!!!

Seriously?

What’s with all the Monkey Hype?

What is this, 80’s night?

vintage

what, not for Mac? c’mon…

Somebody find some reviews for this quick. I might call up the folks to let them know about this thing.

I once had a computer with a cassette tape drive. Is this the modern equivalent?

LOL

“I’m new to Woot. This is my first Woot Off. So far I’m not that impressed. This morning the servers were messed up and for the past 2 days I’ve seen alot of junk…a few good items but mostly junk. Does it get better? Not a very good first impression by Woot.”

woohoo
one more day for this WootOff

I’m ready for the monkeys… some not-so-great offers going on right now.

While I haven’t touched them, I still have more than 300 casette tapes… in a carry case that looks like luggage.

Tempting, but I haven’t even touched those tapes in more than a decade, so I probably don’t really need this.

Plus, I wonder about the sound quality.

So I needed to make MP3s from a tape a few years back. I just took an old walkman, a 3.5mm male to male cable, and connected it to the computer. Then I used some free software to record the songs and split them into tracks. Easy peasy. If you have a tape laying around, chances are you have a small tape playing device with a headphone jack. Js.

I have boxes of them. My old pastors sermons, performances I’ve done, my husband’s practice sessions (he was a guitarist), grandparents who have passed away. I’ve wanted for a long time to get them off that old media. If this does the job, I’ll be very happy.