I Could Care Less...

A little narrower than the standard men’s shirts and the same in width versus the premium shirts.

Thanks woot for the print and thank you everyone for the lively discussion. very “less” people care about grammar as much as I do :smiley:

I should note that the English get it right, where the phase is correctly :

“I couldn’t care less”:

implying that I am at the bottom of my caring. I am unable to care less about your issue.

'mericans utterly bork it up, with their ‘I could care less…’ implying - “I actually care about your issue, if I tried I could lessen my caring.”

Morons.
This, and ‘wind beneath my wings’ constitute two of the things which bug me most… (spoiler: Wind beneath my wings produces downward pull, not lift… )

[user=“SlickWilly”]"'mericans utterly bork it up, with their ‘I could care less…’ implying - “I actually care about your issue, if I tried I could lessen my caring.”

Its worse than that - it literally means that there is potential to care less but you won’t know how if or much less because they haven’t really told you anything except that they are capable of being unintentionally (lets assume) obtuse. Their “I could care less” could be 1% less (which is hardly less so they do care) or 100% less (they really couldn’t care less) but either way they’re not going to be clear. Either way yes borking it up because they probably meant they couldn’t care less. Where’s George Carlin when we need him?

So that one makes me cringe and my other pet peeves: Personal pronouns when either completely wrong and or when put in wrong order. The “Me & my wife” kind of utterance is surely a setup for something stupid to follow, sorry dopey.

Next peeve - someone literally not knowing or caring literally does not mean figuratively. They think literally is to make something more important/convincing. These are word choices & usage of the illiterate mouth breathing babblers too proud to spout off “bigly”. /rant

“Wind beneath my wings produces downward pull, not lift”

As long as we’re digressing to physics - Ever hanglide over an updraft/thermal? Birds might argue that’s a wind beneath…anyway wing shape is relevant to that “downward” or top orientation (and the vacuum on top of a wing is complimentary, for lift, to the relative positive pressure on the other side…be it a wind blown kite or curved airfoil). (you are) “The relatively positive pressure beneath my wings” is not as poetic.

I always thought when people say “I could care less”, they mean it sarcastically because they care so little that they couldn’t care less. Otherwise, that sentence never made sense to me.

I could care fewer about grammar.

I’m not the grammar police like my wife, but this is one of my pet peeves.
I’m always correcting people on this one.

and i could care less about semantics. where’s that t-shirt, so i can stand next to the people who wear this t-shirt.

Can anyone ever be 100% certain that they could not care any less than they do right then? It’s like ones faith in humanity. Sure, you think you’ve lost all faith in humanity, but then someone does something so stupid, it causes you to lose a little bit of faith in humanity you didn’t even know you still had.

I feel like this is a direct response to Public Service Announcement.

???

Since when is this an American vs. British English thing? I know lots of U.S. citizens who say “couldn’t care less” and I watch enough British TV to know that some over there say it wrong as well.

BTW, referring to U.S. citizens as “Americans” is not really correct either.

At last, a shirt that is appropriate for everyone, whether you could or couldn’t.

>BTW, referring to U.S. citizens as “Americans” is not really correct either.

couldn’t care less… :stuck_out_tongue:

And they’re 'merikans. Thems are the ones wot live in North: 'merika. The lower half aren’t 'merikans.

What about Canadians then? They live in the northern half also…

That’s some fighting words lol.