I gave Kevin the person $9, I gave Eustace the spider $36, I gave Amy the bee $27. Based off of this information, how much should I give Pebo the cat?

$18 ($4.50 x number of legs). But I agree that Pat the dog should get the $18. The cat can haz cheezburger.

3 Likes

Nothing. Much as I love cats, Pebo is a jerk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who would name a cat Pebo?

1 Like

About tree fitty

4 Likes

Nope.

Really depends on whether Pebo spent a lot of time up in car engine compartments and possibly lost a leg or two upon startup of said engines…but I guess considering the options in the multiple choice, he must be walking on all 4 and gets 18…unless he was born anatomically different, in which case he could get 27 or even 72

1 Like

If you’re going to give a spider 36 bucks, the cat should definitely get 72. And I guess you really don’t think much of Kevin at all.

2 Likes

@ $4.50 per leg the (presumably ) 4 legged cat gets $18 in my world

Number of legs have nothing to do with the transaction.

$16.50 is what the cat charges for taking care of the spider, who failed to take care of the bee and get your $27.00 back.

Kevin is none the wiser and will use the $9.00 to buy monkey chow anyway.

3 Likes

Kevin can get a job. Eustace can spin a web and catch dinner and build a home. Amy the bee can fly,make honey and lives with a hundred roommates. Pebo well…hisses at everyone,Frisky’s are pricey, and is a catnip junky. (Rehab is expensive.)

2 Likes

Take all that money back and go buy Pebo a new cardboard scratcher, some sardine treats and a Da Bird wand for putting up with your shenanigans!

1 Like

How many legs does Pebo have? How many chair legs has Pebo destroyed?

1 Like

I only came to the comments to see what the logic of the solution was, I knew it was some kind of pattern. At first I thought Fibonacci of some kind until I finished reading the whole problem. Kudos to those that saw the leg pattern.

2 Likes

If it were me with all that money I would just give all the critters to this lady and keep the cash.

2 Likes

Wooters are smarties!!!

She charges twice what the cat does, and then wants more money for a dog, a cow, and a horse - of course.

Geez!

1 Like

But cats have nine lives so you have to divide the total by nine, subtract the number of lives the cat has left from nine, then multiply that by 1/9, pay that amount, and tell the cat you’ll pay out the rest as it goes.

1 Like

The answer is clearly $18.

See, humans need rules. And as such we look for rules when there really aren’t necessarily any. In this case we want a formula to apply. And we want it to be fair but there’s no indication it has to be.

Kevin has 1 stomach, so he gets $9 and no bonus because he walks upright (we assume).

Eustace has 3 stomachs and gets $9 per stomach plus a $9 bonus for not walking upright, for a total of $36.

Amy has 2 stomachs and gets $9 per stomach plus a $9 bonus for not walking upright for a total of $27.

This, Pebo gets $9 for 1 stomach plus a $9 bonus for not walking upright for a total of $18.

3 Likes

Mathematically the cat should get $18 but ethically I can’t give a Pebo that much so I’m conflicted because there is not a 0 option.

I was thinking of Fibonacci as well and since I used to play No Man Sky a lot I went with the number that seemed correct :rofl: