I’m not contagious, I swear

I think the rabid squirrel represents the downturn in the economy, and politicians of both major parties are running from it. A reporter lurks behind a tree.

Yeah, that’s what I think…

Didn’t Van Gogh cut off an ear? (I guess he had to suffer for his art.)

It’s too bad the rabid squirrel isn’t more of a yellow. I could really support a shirt that pays homage to the movie Old Yeller.

“You can’t hardly tell at first, not till they get to the point of slobbering and staggering around. When you see a critter in that fix, you know for sure. But you want to watch for others that ain’t that far along. Now, you take a bobcat or a fox. You know they’ll run if you give 'em the chance. But when one don’t run, or maybe makes fight at you, why, you shoot him and shoot him quick. After he’s bitten you, it’s too late.”

Words to live by.

I didn’t read this, but any infected squirrel would likely die from the disease long before it encountered any human - they’re just so small that it’d kill them pretty quickly.

This write up reminds me of the “literary experts” in South Park episode “The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs.”

I think I’ve seen that squirrel on the left on my campus once or twice.
I also think it’s the one that caused a campus wide power outage when it ran over the power lines my freshman year -_-

Wow This RamB guy wins alot. You guys must really love his work. The designs kind of all look the same. IMHO No offense, I’m sure its hard to do.

I think it means ($__$)

50%x50%

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x168/Dexter_Power/ConkerMoneyEyes.png[/img]

Quite astute, grasshoppa.

Come again? COULD YOU SPEAK UP?

(got it?) :wink:

Ramyb’s compositional elements are, indeed, better than his usual work. That said, I don’t usually see movies for the tremendous quality of their editing. Great half-tone work can make a design that requires it, but it can’t save a design that’s not all that interesting from the get-go.

Woot has gone every which way in regards to the Ramy-wars. Tonight, they seemed to lampoon both sides in one fell swoop.

I’m so glad I’ve played a lot of Plants vs Zombies lately. Squirrels have to be easier to kill than normal zombies. Just a few pea shooters.

Just remember, folks, you can’t use the wall-nuts against these guys. The squirrels will just assume its an acorn and stash it away.

I don’t think its fair or decent of the Woot writers to hound ramy every derby win. I’m sorry, do you have a problem with the tastes of the majority of voters on your site? Do you think the shirt that came in first is so awesome, complex, and artistic that it dwarfs this shirt in its entirety? I thought it was rather bland and pointless. At least today’s shirt has the interesting proposition of a zombie squirrel.

I would like to see the writers practice even a modicum of objectivity with regard to ramy, instead of pandering to the hate-fest that is the derby forums.

I got the impression that, as someone already said, they are lampooning both sides. The write-up highlights, I think, the fact that IT’S A T-SHIRT DESIGN. It doesn’t matter that it isn’t Michaelangelo’s greatest achievement. You wear a t-shirt because you want to wear it. It doesn’t need to be–and dare I say it, SHOULDN’T be (IMHO)–a challenging commentary on modern society, a heartbreaking work of staggering genius, a shocking/innovative idea that makes jaws drop. It’s a shirt. If I wanted timeless, expert art on a t-shirt I’d buy one from a museum gift shop, not on a voter-run website.

Face it: ramyb wins so often because his designs are likable, they’re readable, they’re graphically concise and fit well on the shirt. People vote for him because they like his work. Nobody is stuffing ballots in his favor.

The animosity most of you display towards him doesn’t seem to change the fact that his designs are liked by the populace, so all you’re doing is wounding what YOU think is an overblown ego. But you don’t know ramyb, and true, I don’t, either, but instead of fueling the Internet Hate Machine, why don’t you try designing something better?

[sarcasm]Or hey, you know, you could always vote for something else. What, you already did? And ramyb still won? Yeah, that seems unfair. Your votes should TOTALLY have more of an effect on the outcome than everyone else’s.[/sarcasm]

lmao at the write up

frowning at the actual shirt…

in for 0

If you consider Ramyb’s stuff to be works of art that will carry any further beyond woot, you are severely deluded. He sells generic products that people happen to enjoy wearing, I doubt ramyb even considers what he does to be ‘artistic.’

I love it when the venerable R gets printed.

http://jimiyo.com/2011/troled.jpg

This composition and idea remind me very much of his Meat Eating Rabbit shirt (which I’m to lazy to find the link for atm). Just my observation. I know RamyB is often attacked for his designs, but hey he knows what sells and sell he does.

This was a pretty pointless post but it’s been bugging me for the past 2 hours so I knew I had to get it off my chest haha.

That being said I’m debating on if I need another t-shirt that I probably won’t wear…but I have to admit I’m a sucker for the cute and rabid :P.

I’m surprised he missed the meaning of your “What?” post.

Anyway, you made me chuckle. Keep it Strider! :stuck_out_tongue: