I Miss the Old Woot

Thank God. Otherwise we’d be full of “6 iPhone 4 Protective Covers for 99 cents”.

2 Likes

Ain’t that the truth.

I miss one and done. I miss humor. Someday I’ll miss my marbles.

2 Likes

I miss wine.

Me too.

RiP. We will meet again someday.

I miss the old zappo’s even more.

Is there a difference with them before and now?

The term “Old Woot” can be use proleptically anytime the current deal is more than a single serving of disappointment or upon opening your bruised Woot package just tossed at your door from twelve feet away – only to realized after a frenzied review of the order details that you got exactly what you ordered but not what you expected.

In fact, some scholars have argued at length¹ that there never was a “Old Woot” in the sense of a sweet deal or awesome company and that the term merely refers to some theoretical deal that never existed and is a type of buyer’s psychosis.

¹See J. H. Bedenmeier. “In Pursuit of the So-Called Old Woot.” December 2014, Volume 26, Number 3, Pages 28-44. The Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences.

5 Likes

Great.

I’m missing Number 3.

:frowning:

So Old Woot is basically the Mandela Effect in business form?

1 Like

I thought it was more like the mandala art.

1 Like

Nostalgia… It’s not as good as it once was…

2 Likes

I read that as “fart”.

1 Like

Mandala Fart… A fart that you know you have smell before.

2 Likes

It’s all in the eyes and eyebrows lol (confusion and wondering) lol

What is a BoC??

But why would it be overwhelming to have more Choices?? :thinking:…that’s precisely why a Search feature in the Clearance category… All categories really… Is desperately needed. Woot is great …but I don’t have the time or energy to be scrolling thru Every page to find what I’m looking for. Please Fix this ! Ty.

Seriously?

It’s a Bag Of Crap

You can search the forum listings easy peasy. Just click on the little Sherlock Holmes magnifier glass up there at the top, then search forum post topics and sort by most recent.

What kind of stuff are you looking for?

2 Likes