I voted today- did you?

Will they put it up again? We vote on school stuff at a different time. Plus they get a second chance if it fails.

Daughter liked her, but she would not return daughters phone call for an interview. You would think that she would have wanted all the air time she could get. The station is heard on the cape and islands.

it was up before, replacing four elementary schools and two high school gyms. I voted against it, didn’t think they needed the new gyms. This time it was just replacing the four elementary schools and I voted for it. The elementary school my kids went to was built in '39 and it’s not the oldest one.

So you’re in DC?

Oh, he’s an oddball. Your’s will be one of the 12 votes he gets tonight.

We had some really dirty politicking going on over here on the west side of the state (Davis vs. Reynolds). The freaking Reynolds campaign was calling me about 6 times a day for the last three weeks. Every call was not “I will do nice things, and kiss babies.”, but was full of “Davis is a liar. He wants to kill all the trees and flowers, and outlaw cute furry pets. He is evil.” I was so sick of hearing his name by the time today came. It looks like he won despite that however. Must be that not everyone hates getting those calls as much as I did.

Well, there was a recent scandal surrounding her lately. A talk radio host called her a “fat lesbian” and was rightfully canned. I can understand why Grace would be a bit radio shy.

She is a smart woman. She’s got some extreme views, but I thought she just made sense.

Well, the big news for our commonwealth is that Duval Patrick has become the first black governor of Massachusetts.

I should have voted for Britney Spears for finally getting a brain and dumping Kevin Federline…I am sure she’d have some inspiring ideas for our country’s direction.

The Daily Show/Colbert Report is doing a live election report and this stupid, expensive hotel doesn’t get Comedy Central. WTF! Basic cable! They get HBO.
I am really pissed.
Oh, I had to pay to get onto the internet! Pay! Why am I paying? It is free everywhere else!
Thank goodness this is a business trip and I’m not paying for most of it.

The funniest coverage came out of New Hampshire tonight. A reporter was interviewing a U.S. House of Representative unfortunately named “Dick Swett.” (Pronounced “Dick Sweat.”) No lie.

Campaigns and issues that are fully hate or money driven tend to drive me away. Back when I lived in St. Louis, there was a ballot initiative to allow gambling machines in southwest Mo. I got a piece of mail each day and a phone call at least once a week in favor of it. They claimed to be impoverished towns that needed the windfall revenue that putting slots there would create. I smelled big gambling’s stench.

Here in Mass, there is a ballot question about selling wine in grocery stores. Both sides are heavily funded by businesses that will profit from the outcome. I am so less interested than if it was a citizen group that was against state monopolies of luxury items or some such thing. It just seems like two giant moneyed boxers hammering away at each other.

STLWooter, all questions came back as “no.”

Yep, I’ve been watching. I wasn’t too drawn to any of them. I saw points on both sides. I was intrigued by the candidates can be nominated by more than one party idea, though.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage.”
Alexander Tyler

“This is a great country, and it wasn’t made so by angry people. We have a sacred duty to bequeath it to our grandchildren in better shape than however we found it. We have a long way to go and we’re not getting any younger. Dante said that the hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who in time of crisis remain neutral, so I have spoken my piece, and thank you, dear reader. It’s a beautiful world, rain or shine, and there is more to life than winning.”
-Garrison Keillor, Homegrown Democrat, 2004

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”
P. J. O’Rourke

Oh boy, the world is crashing down for Neo…

i think i could hear champagne flowing in the background on NPR today… the White House correspondant sounded like he was trying to supress an ecstatic euphoria… but i imagine everyone over at NPR was glad to see Karl Rove’s “you have your numbers, I have the numbers” shown to be wrong… i still haven’t flipped on fox news to see what sort of mourning/shock they’re going through… actually i would imagine they’re celebrating because now they get to hound the government… it makes for good tv…

In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice, “Idiots!”

i was totally caught off guard by the Rumsfeld resignation today… it makes sense, but i was seriously thinking Bush was going to keep him on board till the end of his term, even if he was the only one who supported that decision… i should’ve known anything could change when he said “we’ve never said ‘stay the course’”

The Democrats would have sought it anyhow.

Still it was intersting timing on his part.