I WANT YOU

HaHa. Memories.

Only 5 hours lost? Must’ve been one of those “short” games I’ve heard about.

A ride on the Reading Railroad for me… and then drop me off at Free Parking…

Yeah! Congratulations, Jenzilla! I’m so glad this won! :slight_smile:

It looks like red is your lucky color, on Shirt Woot, at least. Your Adopt 20 Cats Derby win was on a Red shirt too! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Jennzilla!
I voted for it…
Sooo, YOU’RE WELCOME!

the thing a lot of folks don’t get about Monopoly is that it actually plays very strategically, and rather quickly… IF you play by the rules AS they’re written.

That’s right. Auction off un-purchased properties. Try it sometime. It goes scary well.

I have no doubt that you are right. But…

When you are a kid, it’s a lot more fun to change the rules.

It used to be such fun to swap the properties (with plenty of arguing) and to believe that you should be rewarded by collecting money each time you landed on Free Parking. And if one of your best friend’s brothers got mad and stomped off because they keep landing on your properties with hotels, you simply divided his money & properties up and keep right on playing… until some grown up said it was time for dinner… So you’d count up your property values and money and see who got gloating rights…and everybody else would get mad at 'em, run off, and leave the winner/gloater to pick up the game all by themselves.

Those were the days! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Only FIVE hours? LOL

When we were kids, my sisters would have marathon games. They would allow multiple hotels per property (2 hotels doubled the rent, three tripled it, etc), and made their own money, using construction paper, in larger denominations than the $500 bills that came in the game.

Every time they got ready to put it up (for the night, or whatever), they would meticulously write down who had what; properties, hotels & houses, and currency. That way, they could set it all up again, the next time they had a chance to play.

This, boys and girls, is what’s commonly known as “growing up in the 60’s and 70’s”, when you had 3 channels on the TV to watch, and no video games. These marathon games typically happened during the cold winter months. In the summertime, we had the best game ever invented for a kid. We called it “outdoors”.

Thanks everyone!! And Simic- You also got a $5 coupon, so you’re welcome! Lol. :wink:

Grats Jennzilla! I constantly dig your zany. :smiley:

I agree. You also need at least 4 players that know how to play and are willing to negotiate and make trades. In my experience a game then lasted on average 2 hours.

the only time we had one much longer was when we combined an english and spanish board, overlapped at “Go” and went around both boards using two sets of property. That game took about 4 hours.

Should be: “I Want You - to play the game according to the actual rules in the box.” (Nobody does.)