I will not but anything from Woot Again!

I purchased a MacBook Pro from Woot, and it arrived damaged! The battery will not charge and according to internet research it may be a bad battery or something with the board itself. All I am looking for is an exchange, because I like the computer, and lost a local sale on one that I was going to buy. I need this computer for work/school. The computer came with a 1 year Woot warranty, but woot is not willing to do anything about this. While they did offer me a $200 discount to get the unit repaired, I am not willing to take ownership of the problem because I do not have any idea of the repair cost and my local computer service center told me they will be using after-market parts and even if it is just the battery after market battery’s scare me. While Woot says “We take full responsibility and apologize for the inconvenience caused from our end. The item should have never arrived in this condition.” but they are not doing anything to make-up for the problems. I asked for an RA over 24 hours ago and still have not even received that.

I have been a woot customer since 2007 and it is sad that this is how they treat someone that has been loyal to them all this time. Woot needs to take a lesson from there parent company Amazon for customer service.

Woot I am sorry that it has come to this, but you left me no choice but to go pubic with this problem, Your failure to responded to me, or even send the RA so that I can return this over $1000 paper weight is forcing me to take further actions.

Hi there. I’m sorry about the problem with the battery. Let me reach out to the computer team and customer service.

4 Likes

Buy a Windows laptop instead. They’re great.

1 Like

Thank for all the Help @ThunderThighs. Received a replacement Mac and it is working great! You have restored my faith with Woot. Therefore I will WOOT ON!

9 Likes

I don’t want to but anything from Woot again either.

1 Like

… But you will?

4 Likes

Yeah… Always and forever.

4 Likes

Same.

3 Likes

Or until my credit runs out and my card melts.

3 Likes

Woot’s birthday is coming up. This could spell the end for both.

3 Likes

Oh, geez, another thing to worry about!

2 Likes

Don’t forget Meh’s birthday.

2 Likes

I’ll be shopping for a friend, who has another obligation, on that day.

1 Like

Revenge for the pasta?

1 Like

Believe it or not, I’m just trying to be nice.

1 Like

Of course.

1 Like

When is that?

1 Like

Next week-ish

1 Like

YAY!!! REMIND me if you don’t see me over there complaining.

Thanks for checking back in! Happy Wooting.

2 Likes