iBlu M10 Bluetooth Headset

Then you’re missing 3/4 of the fun on the woot sites

It was resolving to froogle.com in my browser. I just noticed tonight that it didn’t.

Well I am in for three because in California the law has changed to where in a car one has to use a headset on cell phones, no more holding the phone to the ear. So even though I have about four wireless and three corded headsets, I can give these to my friends who do not have one.

Did you hear about in the UK it is now a crime to use a cell phone in a car. Headset is OK, but apparently still an issue if adjudged not to be in control of the vehicle even while using a headset. Considering how many times I almost get hit by drivers talking on the cell with it up to their ear, stiffer the law the better.

Here is the main part of the article. Get these headsets folks. Just a matter of time before in the U.S. laws get as strict as this.

[In the United Kingdom] using a hand-held mobile was made illegal in 2003, when the penalty was limited to a £30 fine, but it acted as little deterrent and the latest figures show that in 2005 129,700 motorists still flouted the ban.

In February the law was toughened, with drivers facing a £60 fine and three points on their licence.

Drivers were also warned that similar penalties could be imposed for using a hands-free device if they were judged not to be in control of their car.

Police now check mobile phone records after accidents to see if the driver was making a call at the time.

Research by TRL, formerly the Government’s Transport Research Laboratory, has suggested that half a million drivers a day make calls on hand-held mobiles.

Ministers are keen to take an even stronger line after figures showed that mobile phones were linked to 13 fatal accidents in 2005 and 52 serious crashes.

Andrew Howard, of the AA, said drivers using a phone make a decision that falls far below the standard of a reasonable driver. “They have crossed the threshold from careless to dangerous driving. These guidelines make that clear.”

The company has a website and it looks like they are a startup. They only have two products, this Woot “M10” being one of them.

Don’t know what they sell for elsewhere, but on the Company’s website it sells for $50, plus shipping.

http://www.ibluusa.com/buy_online.php

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootiblu.jpg

My phone does not have bluetooth.
But I am getting 1 just so I can look impotent!

:slight_smile:

When I saw that naughty looking picture and the name on it I thought it was a sex toy. Ah well.
I might buy a pink one as a gag gift.

Yeah I know. I just get cranky at one in the morning. Sorry.

Pretty much just a matter of time before BT will be standard on ALL phones because carriers are concerned about people not being able to use their phones while in the car because they don’t have a corded or wireless headset.

For years here in California the carriers were the biggest opponents of legislation to make mandatory hands free cell phone use in vehicles. Now that laws are being passed, carriers must implement ways to keep people using up their minutes [to where users exceed monthly minute allotments. E.g., with my carrier, T-Mobile, it’s .45 for each minute in excess of plan. Carriers make billions from people going over monthly plan minutes.]

IMHO in about two years if someone says their phone does not have bluetooth that will be a confession that one’s phone is really outdated. :slight_smile:

At this price, it’s worth a gamble on the quality of the product … their website lists MSRP at $49.99

There’s other good deals on Bluetooth headsets going on tonight.

cough http://www.wire4less.com/ cough

do these go “in” your ear? do all bluetooth headsets go “in” your ear or do some just go over. at least you get color variety with these

I’m not quite sure how to, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to look “impotent” :slight_smile:

Well, there’s no color variety to me since pink is out as an option, notwithstanding that I live in San Francisco.

Not sure on how far “in the ear” these go, but at $9.30 each [I bought three, so $5 shipping is spread out] I am not concerned, especially since these will be given away to my negligent friends who still talk with phones to their ear.

The loop that goes around the ear looks pretty thick. Maybe that speaks to better quality because while it looks heavy, Woot and the Company site say it weighs 20 grams [less than 3/4ths of an ounce or .70 oz]. That’s light.

The company website has some cool pics. Gotta say it comes in a nice looking box. Too bad these were not put up in time for XMAS. They look expensive. :slight_smile:

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootiblubox.jpg

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootibluclose.jpg

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/wootibluboxpink.jpg

Form their website:

kinda nice. I should probably buy a couple since, as Michael mentioned, we won’ be able to use our phones in the car except with bluetooth, speakerphone, wired headset, or those over-the-radio thingamajigs. Out of all of those bluetooth sounds like the best option…

Wow, can I just say, that’s one of the funniest woot descriptions in a long time? I mean, they’re usually good, but damn!

While I still make fun of anyone wearing one of these in public, it will be handy while I’m put on hold, etc… I hate having them on speaker phone and scrambling to switch back so I can hear them when they come back… so this will be alright. It’s a cheap enough experiment.

Plus, as I posted above, one of the funniest descriptions of late, and I just had to support that!

I have used all the headsets out there, back when they first came out, wired only, and even those were expensive. I then went to bluetooth and those were $80 at the time because they were new technology for cell phones.

I use the bluetooth now. Wired headsets are a hassle. For example, if I leave my phone in a pocket, I have to run the wire around the seatbelt and otherwise hassle setting the whole thing up.

With BT you just set it up before you start driving and you can keep the phone wherever.

Also, I am totally wireless at home [meaning no landline]. Have been for about five years. It’s nice when getting a call to have the BT headset on so I can walk around or not be pinned down due to a wire going to the phone audio/mic port.

If you all are considering these, might want to get three so shipping is lower. But mainly, it is real easy to forget you have this on the ear. One time I got in the shower with a $110 Nokia on my ear [got it on eBay for about $50.] Luckily I realized it before I ran water on my head.

Another time I put on a bike helmet [road bike] and forgot I had the headset on. The headset fell off, luckily I was able to backtrack and find it sitting on the stairwell.

So get three so you have some spares.

Just sayin.

OK, I’ll shut up before someone accuses me of working for iBlu or Woot.

I can’t decide which color is best… as i’m a big Dallas Cowboy fan, does anyone know which one Jessica Simpson uses?

that’s the back of it, so it will rest slightly in your ear but not entirely i suppose