IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook

A good deal tonight… Looks like a nice computer…

FROOGLE

Good reviews over at Cnet!

A more detailed review…

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook
$329.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
Off Lease, Refurbished
product:
1 IBM ThinkPad T42 1.7Ghz 512mb 40GB 14” LCD DVD XP Pro Notebook

And the off-lease means what exactly…?

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Off-Lease, Refurbished IBM ThinkPad T42 Notebook, for $329.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x IBM ThinkPad T42 1.7Ghz 512mb 40GB 14” LCD DVD XP Pro Notebook

To access the price comparator links, click here
Single-click comparison for this item

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

It means “discontinued”

Was used for 1-3 years, and was refurbed to look new maybe?

Means they’re not being leased any more, been returned to IBM, and now for sale.

I believe off lease means that it was leased to someone and they didn’t fully purchase it, so IBM/Lenovo refurbed it.

Let me be the first to tell you all that these laptops are pretty kick ass. I have had one for over 3 years now and I put 2 gigs ram in it. It runs pretty fast and will run games fairly well. It will surprise you.

This must include a version of Windows Blinds with a Vista-esque skin on it according to the screen in the product pic!

most likely some big company upgraded their laptops to the latest and greatest, sent these back to 1-800-lease-laptops (fake), who had them cleaned up and refurbished. A few steps later, Woot bought them.

the screenshot is vista…

that wont happen with the laptop?

off-lease W_T_F

great deal, I have one and they are very high quality

Oh, looks like they don’t have wireless?

If you thought earwax was bad…

I must admit, for the price, it’s very, very tempting.

I’ve had this exact model for my work laptop for the last 4 years and I can tell you it’s held up to lots of abuse and still feels fast to me.

Excellent quality laptop.

329? I can buy one from Wal-Mart for another 70 that has better internals and is BRAND NEW. Definitely not priced right or I would’ve jumped on it,

I work for IBM and I’m still using a T41. These may be used/refurbed, but are great for general purpose, or spread sheet, project file number crunching. Thsi is cheaper thanI can get them myself from Big Blue!!

don’t really understand the point of this. $330 for an awfully old laptop is not a deal at all.

but i do love my T61 :slight_smile:

no vista? but the picture clearly shows vista as the OS. good laptop but I don’t think its really worth $330. especially for scratched up ones.

Off-lease would be a company leases the laptops instead of buying them, for various reasons… similar to leasing a car or an office building.

So these were probably used by business people or college professors or whatever, then they got upgraded to a newer model.