iBUYPOWER Gaming Desktops - Your Choice

I agree with your sentiment fully, and would upgrade it myself for pretty cheap.

That’s probably where they save a few bucks. A BD drive probably saves the manufacturer about $20 a unit, times how many units?

On top of that, BD playback is an absolute wreck on Windows. Even if you buy the ‘better’ playback software out there, you’re constantly having to update to the latest version to playback newer discs. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

Yeah, BR playback on Windows is a bit sucktastic. I work at a computer shop and BR playback on laptops is always fun to troubleshoot. Upside, I am always for streaming options over physical media. So I would take cost savings over having BR playback most scenarios.

PS, These are pretty good gaming machines. Although, they take away the fun of receiving busted up and bleeding hands from plugging things into the case.

Yeah, and praying to God you didn’t use too much force to make something “snap” into place. :wink:

Configured a WT-03S on their website as close as possible to the one here and it comes out to right at $1400, so I’d say these are a fair discount. Solid rigs from a reputable builder too.

It is always cheaper to build your own though.

Are the images accurate to the spec that will be shipped? I noticed the one for the WT-03S only includes one stick of RAM. It’s 8GB either way, but it’d be nice to actually utilize the dual channel. Could a Woot staffer or iBUYPOWER rep comment on the accuracy there? And if possible, provide a part number for the included RAM for those of us who’d want to buy a matching stick?

Yup! These 2 models are built just for WOOT :). The WT03S was on the last daily deal, and it did so well we brought it back!

You’ll have to buy one and find out :P!

But the serious answer is yes, the i5-4690K processor is pretty much the most you’ll need for gaming right now. Even on some of the most CPU intensive titles, it still runs them well over 60 FPS.

Thanks Senor Moderator!

Just wanted to add a note to this: we originally wanted to do liquid cooling with this system, but decided that providing a Solid State Drive and professional wiring might be a better value to our WOOT fans.

Of course, if our fans think otherwise, we can always change it to liquid cooling for the next event :).

Thanks! I am sort of “dithering” over buying the higher priced version, haha! Anyone care to post some advice to push me in the direction of buying (or not buying)? I seriously cannot find any online reviews, or even a description anywhere, of the higher priced WT-039 version and I SERIOUSLY doubt that I can catch up with you all in tech knowledge in the next dozen or so hours before these things go away since my technical expertise is probably on the same level as Arthur’s little sister in that PBS cartoon that my daughter used to love watching

D’oh! Sorry we can’t win your business this time. We’ll see if we can come up with a system you like. Do you have any specific requests?

Now that’s just mean!

With good cooling and airflow, you might be surprised at how much you can push the 4690k!

Check out the youtube videos below: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=4690k+overclock

Yup! Computer hardware in the last 3 years seem to last longer. I am currently running an i5-3470 and AMD 7870 Ghost. And 2 sticks of 4GB RAM (showing my age here…).

Like yourself, I am going to run that rig until it can’t run Dota 2 and CS:GO anymore!

That’s exactly right! Our goal is to provide a good gaming system at the best price possible. So we really focus on investing our budget on the hardware that affects gaming performance.

But of course, if you would like a system with blu-ray drive or any other specifications in mind, we can always make a model just for you :).

Thanks for the feedback.

We also provide professional wiring to improve airflow :D!

Just wanted to give everyone a link to what I got for all the same parts in the WT-03S.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/p77gmG

I got $1277 to buy all of the parts separately. A few parts weren’t specific like the cooler, dvd drive, etc but I picked decent ones. If anyone finds any flaws in the parts I chose, let me know, but I doubt you could get it much lower than what they are selling it for. I’d say it’s an extremely good deal.

There’s an undeserved stigma associated with i3 processors. Even though in real world gaming applications, they are solid for the money. We used to have a selection of i3 systems, but found that the FX-6300 systems tend to do better.

Do you have an i3 rig by chance? And if so, what kind of numbers are you getting on your games? e.g. 195 FPS in CS:GO.

Heh, NVIDIA should really change it to 3.5GB on their specs.

Wow, thanks for putting in the work and sharing with everyone!

Just for the sake of transparency, we are using a 120mm closed loop liquid cooler (single unit) that’s closer to the $60 range rather than the $90 Corsair you picked out.

Also, we are using a single 8GB stick for the Ripjaws RAM.

Other than that, the parts are fairly close in cost and/or quality.

Even on the rare hyper-thread enabled i3, some games refuse to run on machines with only 2 CPU cores, e.g. Far Cry 4. Consumers have patched out the check for core count in some cases and found that sometimes that the game ran fine despite a core limitation. Most user want to avoid this issue, which is likely to perpetuate in time.