iBUYPOWER GAMING PCs

I’m not in the market for a gaming machine right now - because I bought an iBuyPower laptop last year.

The chassis isn’t quite as solid or fancy as the AlienWare machines, but I’m not throwing it down the stairs or using it to pick up a date, so, you know, that’s okay.

Great performance, not a single hardware issue, completely trouble free from order to this very second. I’m happier with iBuyPower than AlienWare and plan to return to them in the future.

I have no input on their customer support, but that’s a good thing, right? (o:

So iBuyPower is caught cheating the cs:go competitive scene and these themed desktops come back around… crazy

Some of these are tempting. I really want to build a new machine, but it’s taxing on my patience and time.

I’ve looked at iBuyPower before and sometimes they have some pretty fair deals, but I also never quite forgave them for how they treated a friend when his laptop had issues a decade ago. Yeah, I can hold a grudge.

Not a computer questions but a Woot! payment question. I have a $600 Visa gift card I’d like to apply to the purchase of one of the laptops, but I’d have to make up the rest of the amount with a regular Visa. Is there a way to do that?

Sorry but we’re only set up for one payment source for an order.

Hey cmag21! The WT014 comes with 2 sticks of ADATA 8GB DDR3-1600MHz. The GPU is the EVGA GTX970 4GB Superclocked edition. The liquid cooler is a 120mm close looped liquid cooling system OEM’ed by AVC. The Phantom 410 red case includes a blue LED fan that can be seen from the side window and top mesh.

Hey Jertyrael! I’m very sorry our company gave such a poor impression to you and your friend. However, we’re working very hard to improve all our services to our customers and that’s where I come in! If you have any questions or issues with a Woot order, you could contact me at woot@ibuypower.com and I will help you to my best ability.

Just about hit the buy button on iBUYPOWER WT781 and decided to check new egg quick. Found it for $40 cheaper - no tshirt… it’s a cool tshirt…but it ain’t $40 cool.

here it is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227596&cm_re=R7_250X_1GB-_-83-227-596-_-Product

Where do these “List Prices” come from? I can’t find a single one of these that sells for anything near the “List Price” on the manufacturers website, or any other seller for that matter.

“Deceptive Advertising” is more like it. Didn’t one of the big brick and mortars recently face sanctions over inflated claims of savings such as this?

List prices and manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) have been around forever. They’re set by the manufacturer or vendor, not the retailer.

I don’t think you’ll have much luck trying to end the practice but please give it a go.

omg want steam box

No. Got a link?

Any pics of the back of the SBX?

Anyone have any experience putting Linux on one of those SBX units? Interesting in getting something dedicated for Steam, but not interested in running windows – and even less interested in having a PC-looking device next to the TV.

Hey kirkgleason! Check out this link for an image of the back of the SBX: http://imgur.com/NJ12ejs

awesome. Can you tell me what kind of motherboard is in it?

The motherboard is a custom FM2A78M+ board designed to fit the GPU, GPU fan, and CPU fan into the SBX case.

Couple of questions about the light bar on the SBX:
The product description mentions an app to control the light bar, but I couldn’t find it on Google Play. Has that app actually been released yet?

Also, can you control the light bar from the computer software too, or do you need to walk over to the box and push the button on the front to cycle through modes?

I’m all for free t-shirts, but with the SBX, I do find it a bit funny that you are buying an AMD machine and receiving an Intel branded t-shirt with it.

Does the SBX use a half height graphics card, or is it using a riser to fit a full size graphics card? (ie: can it be upgraded)

Hey Kasona! The app is not yet released. We’re still making a few tweaks and fixing some bugs. But when it’s released, the user will have full control over the custom lighting. Currently, there is no plans for a software version and only the button on the SBX can control the preset configures.

Regarding the shirts, you caught me. I wanted to throw in as many goodies into these events and forgot about the Intel logo.