iBUYPOWER GAMING PCs

I don’t have an engineering background, so below is just my layman’s understanding of how they work.

Power supplies don’t always perform to 100% of their rated capacity.

So for example, a power supply rated at 1000W may only perform to 70% of its capacity, 700 watts. Meaning if your power consumption goes beyond 700 watts, the computer is not going to be too happy with you.

Fortunately for us, most of NVIDIA’s graphics cards are very efficient. Also, our computers’ power supplies have a capacity 20% higher than the max load.

Hope that helps!

Are there any specs for the PSU on the WT015? Also, the 600W seems a little low to me for the hardware the pc has, but my knowledge isn’t the best on that. Thanks.

There’s a few things I know about power supplies, but looking at some of these computer specs I’m kind of surprised that they are selling them with these ones. A 500W PSU isn’t really enough for a mid to high-end gaming rig, let alone one from a lesser manufacturer. If I bought the WT010 I would be replacing the PSU before I even turned it on.

Are any on these units good for video editing? Can I add a firewire port these?

I bought a desktop from ibuypower in 2007 and still using it even w/out a single upgrade (granted, I’m also still playing WOW on it) but it still does all the basic gaming and usual desktop drudgery quite well. Given its longevity, I’m definitely tempted to buy from ya’ll again.

What I’m curious about is ibuypower already said they are swapping the 270 for a 270x (their website says as much), but the storefront also says they are upgrading power supplies (500w-600w, 600-700, etc). I wonder if that applies to these units as well.

Will there be similar models in any future deal that have ssds rather than platter drives?

Same here. Video editing with several programs running. I`m finding that my Gateway i7-2600, 16gb ram, 256 ssd is not what it once was. Been looking at Dell XPS refurbs. I want to stay around $700. Being in Canada, 20% discount on the dollar is a killer.

Guess not.

Hiya, looking into your SBX that’s on sale, and have a few questions.

1.Is accessing the unit to swap the memory going to scuttle the warranty behind it?

1. It lists two USB slots, so it works perfectly fine with a kb+m, correct? (Sorry for a “dumb” question, but this is for a friend to replace their dead pc, and wanting to make sure it’ll function properly ~.^)

2. You mention you had to make a custom adjustment for the video card to fit, in all honesty, do you think a GTX 750 Ti (the smaller version of the two, not with extended fans) would be able to fit later on?

In other words, is the card location accessible enough that if smaller cards were released, it could be swapped out without too much effort?

1. any heat issues to know about?

2. what is the memory on the video card?

(Overall, seems like a great budget option, the video card is a shame, but you take what you can get, eh?)

does the GT72 have open an spot for an additional SSD?

Would it be possible to put 1tb ssd in any of these laptop setups?

I’d be all over an sbx if it had a bit more muscle… (mainly vidcard muscle) - seriously.

Once you were making a custom case why limit it to Radeon R7 250X reference design boards? By the time SteamOS is finally released you’ll probably want a different board.

The main reason for me not pulling the plug on any of these models is because I dont like to buy a computer with windows preinstalled: Reason being: I already have a standard PC using windows 8… I would not mind buying parts from newegg an building my own and bringing my own windows copy…
so long story short: Maybe you could sell computers with no OS preinstalled? is that even remotely possible?
Best regards!

iBUYPOWER WT010 Gaming Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 Quad-Core, AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB, 1TB SATA, 16GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Win8.1

couldn’t be more happy :slight_smile: i just ordered a 128gb ssd to drop in it and loving it

I will get back to you on the specifications for the power supply.

600W should be plenty since the GTX 960 is very efficient. Take a look at its power consumption under torture test (~113 Watts):

The CPU should use ~100 Watts, and the rest of the system maybe 50 Watts.

So total power consumption should, at most, be ~300 watts.

Hope that helps!

Hey llocutus, the power supplies we provide with the systems usually have a 20% buffer over the systems’ max loads, so it should be enough for the specifications listed.

However, I would definitely recommend an upgrade to the power supply as you expand your system (especially if your new video card has higher power consumption).

If you can, try the system with the installed power supply, and let us know how it runs!

I am not too familiar with video editing, but as far as I understand: CPU speed and RAM capacity are the most important factors for video editing performance. In which case I would recommend a system with an i7 processor and 16GB of ram, upgradeable to 32GB of ram.

Also, if you purchase one of these units and plug it into the motherboard, it should run firewire just fine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124138&cm_re=1394_pcie-_-15-124-138-_-Product

Just make sure the motherboard has the header for it. Note that the item I listed above is for Intel systems. If you get an AMD system, you need the PCI version of it.

Hope that answers your questions, let me know if you have more!

Very happy to hear that you’ve had a positive experience!

Can you share a little bit about your usage habits that led to its longevity?

Also, if you don’t see anything you want, feel free to PM me with the specs you’d like or reply on this thread.

Thanks for your support!