Icemat Siberia In Ear Headset

I’ve got a fever…

does anyone know if these are worth grabbing for a laptop?

eh, what the hell. i’ve been using zune headphones with my ipod (they’re great, except for the $40 price tag and the cord is coming out of the fabric cover at both ends…) so i’ll see how these compare for $15…

ooh! i got a new colour! yay!

Kinda pissed, bought 2 pairs a week ago or so from sellout and they only had white in stock and wish they would of had the black ones as well.

However despite that, they are a decent pair of earbuds and a great microphone. They are indeed separate. I use the earbuds on my iPod and the microphone on my gaming PC with my Sennheiser HD555s. The ear buds cable length is perfect for an ipod so the included extension cable can be used for your PC or whatever, its roughly 6 feet.

This is a great deal, i paid $35 retail for my original pair of black ones and bought 2 pairs last week for the same price listed today (however wish I could have gotten em in black :/)

OK, so I am not sophisticated re: this stuff. I see from another comment that these work with iPods.
What about with a cell phone? a cordless phone?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Are these going to deliver good quality?

What’s the chance of ever seeing any Etymotics? Better than my chance of getting a Bunch of Coconuts?

how is it that people claimed that they couldn’t find any reviews?? I found 3 on the first page of google!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/423957/steelseries_siberia_in_ear_headset.html

http://www.insidehw.com/Reviews/Multimedia/SS-Siberia-in-ear-headset.html

http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=936

looks good to me!! in for three!

You are not buying the correct adapter. Phones have three connections, R , L , and Mic. You have to get an adapter specifically made for a phone, not just a 3.5 to 2.5 adapter.

This headset is really a separate headphone and mic set that you can clip together for convenience, not a real headset with the mic and headphones combined into one. It is designed for gaming and IP telephony, not for a cell phone. Since you can disconnect the Mic from the rest of the headset, you can also use it for an MP3 player or other personal stereo. But the mic will not work on a cell phone, as it needs its own separate input.

That being said, they do make adapters that will allow this to be used on your Centro or any other cell phone. Make sure the 2.5 mm connector has three connectors (should have two black rings on it). This still won’t allow you to talk with your headset. Best Buy carries an adapter (in store, not on the website) for about $15 that has a Mic built-in. Not sure how well that will work, since the Mic may end up far away from your mouth, depending on the length of the headphone cord and whether you can clip it to your collar or not. The adapter does have retractable cables though.

Best bet is to pick up a stereo Bluetooth headset. No need to worry about adapters.

jimgolf,
Thanks for the info re: these not working with a phone without an adapter.

Darn you Woot, I bought 2 on Oct 8th, I would have gotten one of each color then, W H Y do you tease me like this?

Send a set of the black ones to the crazy lady that got the black iPod and was demanding black headphones!

in for 3 … hope these are worth it

my 2nd woot in a week from woot … way to go!!!

or carp … just realized that there are 2 types out there the 1st gen icemat branded and the 2nd gen steelseries re-branded …

so which one did i woot?

I got a pair of Maximos from Woot and my daughter liked them so much I had to get another pair, from Woot. I love mine. They’re the best!

I don’t know anything about the series but is this a hint in the song?

Siberia’s we have
And we’re sorta sick of seeing
Yeah, their series is still being
Stee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-eel
Oh oh oh
Stee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-eel

I am pretty sure all of the icemat in-ear’s are steel manufactured. They didn’t exist before steel bought out icemat audio, only the large Icemat Siberia headsets (which I use and absolutely love btw)

Although, im told by friends who have owned both the big icemat siberia headset, and these icemat sibera in-ear phones, that there is NO connection between the two other than the name, and the microphone. So any of you out there expecting these to sound just like a pair of big 1st gen icemats, dont get your hopes up.

Well, in the past 18 months I think that I have bought almost that many different models of headphones, earbuds and speakers from Woot. To date, my headphone favorites have been:

1. Jabra C820s Noise Canceling Headphones (over the ear - Great NC - Comfy as can be!)
  2. Sony Noise Canceling in-ear MDR-NC022 (the only downside is the proprietary jack)
  3. The Razer Pro Tone m|100 in-ear (the “gold standard” for Woot earbuds 4 my $!)
  4. Maximo iM-490S iMetal Stereo Earphones (Great for under $20, but heavier than above)

The first review of the “Siberia” phones did not like the mid-range, so I don’t have great hopes that they will be good for music, but they will still go well with some of the Sansa m240 players that I divy out to friends as gifts with my favorite music,

By the way, my favorite mp3 player remains the Sony Walkman NW-S 705 4GB with the MDR-NC022 proprietary headphones.

the 1st gen icemats sound quality is better than the 2nd gen steel?