Ideas, Sketches, WIPs

You probably should have been working on top of the outline if you wanted it to look like a painting. Still, I’m interested in seeing where you go with it. Post progress pics when you have something to show.

don’t be a jerk.

Tell me, this seems to be a religious reference, King of Kings. was that your intent, or is it just the sort of thing intentionally take out of context that the graffiti artists like to use?

Oddly, it’s a little bit of each (like most things graffiti). I was talking to my wife and somehow we got onto the subject of doing sort of positve/God related messages but in a way that wasn’t corny.

In graffiti, being a king always meant that you were the best, or up in the most places or whatever. It also translates into the other elements of Hip-Hop.

ouch. jokes apparently are not welcome here!

I’m glad you didn’t let this one go bassanimation. For one, it was a neat idea and drawing and secendly I always like seeing progress shots to get an idea of how others work.

A noble idea odysseyroc. I’ve seen too many bible based designs that try too hard or simply parody other brands and pop culture references in less than subtle (or original) ways.

Thanks for the input odysseyroc. I’ll be sure to post some more pics when I’m done :slight_smile:

I woke up with an idea yesterday and blew off my pressing deadlines to get this done.

Oh man, I like this. I’m hoping the next derby theme is tacos. What a tasty derby that would be.

i’m not sure i want to think about what fiery gases rocketing out the rear implies.

Oh, you know exactly what it means.

Here’s some hand lettering for another design that I’m working on.

two bits of randomness im working on at the moment. i just started inking wonder woman, im hopeing to have it done by this weekend so i can start on the monsters, im pretty excited about getting them done in time for halloween.

Awesome work. I really love the monsters.

Ditto. The shape of the Lagoon Creature’s head is throwing me a bit, but loving the clean look.

thanks odysseyroc & paigeg

the lagoon creature is the one i choose to look the least like the original, only because the original makes me laugh every time i see it =) but maybe ill mess around with his proportions a bit more.

im drawing the wonder woman cause i ran into this site the other day, enjoy. =D

LOL, these are both amazing! Great, GREAT work, Megs! I hope to see these up for purchase/vote/preorder soon!

made some changes to lagoon creature, tried to tie him to the original more, better or worse?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7DVThR9c0jE/TJpTt-fDPmI/AAAAAAAAAoA/8qB5vYz4xWk/s1600/lagoon.jpg

I like the new one better.