IGI Certified Genuine Diamond Earrings - Free Returns

No woman I would EVER date would say such a thing. They would know that diamonds are overpriced hunks of glass that no wearer could tell if it was CZ or worth $100 or $100k.

Stick to gemstones. You know, actual things with color and style.

Diamonds are the biggest scam to ever happen to men and the biggest lie sold to women.

Diamonds are something I could never imagine buying online. Two identical diamonds based on grades, could have vastly different appearances based on the cut.

However with free returns might be worth the gamble, as long as you don’t mind the long duration(up to 30 days) to get your money back.

The smaller the diamond the less I would be concerned about the quality.

This is why I like buying Cubic Zirconia and simulated gemstones. I like the pretty and sparkle but don’t need the so called ‘real’ thing. Plus, I am a clutz and a messy betty, so if I lose an earring (like I did this week) no big whoop.

took my diamond to the pawn shop/ but that dont make it junk- leonard cohen

All these debates and gripes about diamonds?! The easiest and best way to save on diamond earrings is not to have a wife or girlfriend who believes the hype that “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”.

Save your money and instead of buying her two way over-priced diamonds, buy her 1300 way over-priced roses or 110 boxes of way over-priced chocolates, from sellout.woot.

Exactly.

Here’s an idea you can all steal and pretend you thought it up:

every year, or special occasion when you would possibly be buying jewlery, buy one color of the rainbow. After 6-8 times, she will have the whole thing and definitely something better than 6-8 fingers or ears with what amounts to what looks like a crystal or glass.

We’ve since discontinued our relationship with that vendor. I’m told we’ve used only actual photos of diamonds, this vendor is standing behind these being a better quality than we’ve had before (hance the free return offer with these)- and having seen some samples in person, these are definitely better looking than that offer.

This deal may have just flatlined the patient.

Consider looking at Moissanite, a diamond simulant that’s noticeably more brilliant or sparkly. Since they’re manufactured, there are no worries about conflict (blood) gems or such. Much less expensive than diamonds. I couldn’t believe the difference in beauty and size for a given price when my wife and I were looking for wedding rings.

I second the Costco recommendation. I purchased a couple of engagement rings from them online. They came with an IGI appraisal for almost double what I spent. While their selection isn’t the greatest, the quality for the dollar is great. Gorgeous rings

These are crap. IGI vs GIA certificates is like comparing Community Colleges to Ivy League. The resale value would tell you that.

I’m a self proclaimed diamond expert. I can out haggle the best at the Diamond District in NYC.

If you are serious about buying Diamonds, find out about florescent (blue over yellow) and get a sarin report.

Don’t waste you money on diamond dust. That’s all these are. And I’m 100% sure in natural light these will look more yellow than George Washington’s wooden tooth!

-Ali

Why would you shame Woot for false advertising? It sounds to me like the appropriate research wasn’t performed before buying the diamonds. The link you provided clearly shows that the description stated the diamonds were I1 or I2. A poor purchase decision is not the sellers fault. It seems the quality was clearly stated.

Now, the photo in that example of the two earring received being two different sizes is unacceptable. But, there is absolutely no reason to shame a company when the purchaser didn’t understand what they were buying when the quality is clearly stated.

To be honest, I never priced diamond earrings. It has been years since I have even priced stand alone diamonds, so I don’t know what the current rates are. My research was all performed when purchasing my wife’s engagement and wedding rings.

Another poster posted a link to Blue Nile up above. They used to have their diamonds listed online and you can put in the cut, color, clarity and size and do a search. That way you will get an estimate of what a reputable retailer is selling diamonds for.

Some people (me included) think companies should have ethics and not knowingly mislead or take advantage of naive folks by selling trashy, inferior, poor qaulity products as good.

lol - now thats what I call Jellyfish talk

and if you divorce, you can ask for the ring back and go return it for a refund.

It’s not a big deal. Sites like jamesallen and bluenile have been selling millions of $$ of diamonds through their websites for years.
Both of those sites let you either view the report online or see actual pictures of the diamonds before you buy.
I’ve been a customer of both for items costing more than this. Both send with signature requirements and insurance.

The Clarity and Color still do not explain the price. I am guessing that on top of a low Clarity and a poor Color that the Cut must be astoundingly bad.

That’s the point. They didn’t mislead you. It seems that people are upset with poor quality diamonds, when it was clearly stated in the item description that they were poor quality.

If one is so naïve that (s)he will drop $500+ on an item without doing their research, I can now see how one would bash a seller for your mistake. It’s just not right to bash a seller for ones own lack of knowledge or research.