Igloo Ice Makers - Your Choice

This is the lowest price I’ve seen for this item, and it’s well worth it. It makes ice continually, until the basket is full. You can then remove the ice for storage in a plastic bag or container in the freezer, or use it as a self refilling Ice Bucket. As the ice in the hopper melts, it drips into the reservoir and is then recycled into new cubes. The large setting makes ‘cubes’ (actually ‘bullet’ shaped, with a hollow core, about 1"x3/4") that are great size and shape for quickly cooling your beverages. You can fill it with tap water or distilled water. I like to add a small amount of lemon juice to the water (brightens up the taste, and I believe it helps to keep the freezing part free of mineral buildup from tap water) It takes a bit more than 2 liters or 2 1/3 quarts to fill the reservoir. If you want to take it with you, there is a plug in the bottom/front to empty the water out. It takes little space on the counter, and is just a bit louder than the auto ice makers that install in your refrigerators. I paid $89 for my refurbished unit, so this is a bargain!!!

Can you leave the ice that is made in this device for storage? Or after it is made, does it have to be removed to a freezer?

Just wondering about the previous post that talks about, as the ice melts, it gets recycled into new cubes?

I don’t believe it’s a freezer to keep the ice frozen. You’d want to move it if you’re wanting to have the ice for later.