Igloo Portable Ice Maker

Well, we have an ice machine, but we often have dinners with our extended family, and there are a lot of them. We often times come close to running out of ice. This would be handy at one of those dinners.

As far as camping or tailgaiting, I’m sure you can get one of those converters so you can plug it into the cigarette lighter.

I bought one of these while drunk during the summer.
It’s been pretty great actually for living in a dorm, very convenient.
Works very well

why did
“our mighty feast gobbles” end up as part of my last post? w+f

I think it was supposed to be like, “Holy ice cubes batman!”

Hmm, 3.1 liter reservoir, so does that mean you’re constantly refilling it? I wonder what the liter:cubes ratio is on that, especially since it can only hold 2lbs of the 26 it produces in 24hrs. I can definitely see the use at a party, but perhaps too annoying to deal with at a tailgate–I’d rather use the old fashioned bags of ice tossed in a cooler! Although if this was freshman year again, I’d probably buy one to put right next to my dorm minifridge :stuck_out_tongue:

Bullet shaped ice cubes huh? Hmmm…

I’ve actually been waiting for one of these to appear on the woot off (every other item was some sort of ice maker last woot off!). I was about to check out but a last second search turned up Buy.com who has the silver version for $99 and free shipping. After tax (I live in Texas) its a better deal for me, I’d rather have Silver.

Sorry, actually it is probably woot changing his words. It was more like O M F G

Wait…this thing also makes “bullet shaped ice cubes”. More reason to buy it and wait for the zombie apocalypse…

Ummm, the woot one is silver. It just looks white in the picture.

Actually, 1 liter of water weighs 2.2lbs. That means this ice maker can hold (3.1*2.2=6.82lbs of water).

Using the transitive ice property (or is it the communicative property?), I calculate that this ice maker will run for ~6.3 hours between refills.

Color: Silver

Please buy before i fall asleep.

My Bad! Still, price isn’t that much difference between the two. Its exactly $2.83 cents cheaper at Buy.com for Texas natives.

Compressor is loud (louder than my fridge), ice bucket fills up quickly (you have to empty it every 8 cycles or so.) Also the ice is melty, so if you dump it in the freezer it sticks together so that you have to use an ice pick to break it apart. It makes 9 little bullets at a time, so you won’t be using this quickly to fill a cooler. All of that said, IF you make a lot of blended drinks or just love ice, it will be worth it.

See, this is why I was a liberal arts major. :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you! I was under the impression the water wasn’t enough to fill it up.

…and that means it’s definitely time for bed, good luck to you all!

I do not like ice cylinders (like this thing makes), I like ice CUBES!

People: If only we had ice to make this situation better.

Ice man: WULLAAHHH

People: Thanks, ice man.

Three more hours till I get off. I may have to bail on the rest of the woot off. Only got 4 hours of sleep. My eyes are barely staying open.

We have one of these. I have said before it was the best investment I have ever made. We drink.