igloohome IGP1 Smart Padlock

igloohome IGP1 Smart Padlock

In before someone posts a YouTube video of an expert locksmith easily cracking this thing even though that’s not relevant to 95% of use cases.

2 Likes

I was just coming here to say I wanted to see The Lock Picking Lawyer test this out before I buy one … that tag line “grant access anytime, anywhere” may be more true than one thinks… No app needed. Lol.

3 Likes

Are there locks the Lock Piking Lawyer cannot open under $90? Dare I ask under $45?
That would seem to be a short interseting list.

1 Like

The way I look at it, if it at least thwarts novice lock pickers and reasonable brute force attacks, it’s good enough.

• Locks with wafer cores that are susceptible to a wave rake, jiggler, zip tie, coffee stir stick, or cat food can? Bad.
  • Locks that open from simply tapping them or a magnet? Awful.
  • Locks that sheer by minor brute force because the lock body isn’t strong enough? Run away, run away!
2 Likes

Looks like he did a review a while back.

2 Likes

That’s (recently retired) Bosnian Bill, not the Lockpickinglawyer, but close enough. They’ve done some collabs before.

3 Likes

Apparently, its weakness is water. It won’t open the lock, but it will destroy it forcing the owner to have to replace it. This is according to Amazon reviewers who have had to replace their locks due to rain.

2 Likes

Thank you. that was the Lock Picking Lawyer’s everyday list. I was hoping for an actual short list of his best locks for cheap. i.e. best of the cheap that put up at least some resistance to two wrenches or two hammer brute force.

@Time4fun and @Narfcake - thank you if you post such a list.

If you have folks using 100 rounds of armor piercing .308 and .50 cal BMG on ur lock, maybe you should move?

Also any hasp or chain for the gate that you are trying to lock may be less strong than that lock!

3 Likes

2 Likes