iGo Auto Adapter Bundle for iPod or iPhone

I am in for one. Just got an iPod nano for Father’s Day.

I agree with everyone the savings on this one make it totally worth buying even if you dont have an ipod of any sort. however i bought an off brand one bout 2 months ago
http://www.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2186985
and it has been working great and it can charge in a wall also and it came with multiple tips to boot :slight_smile:

I would be inclined to believe this but neither my Bose SoundDock nor my surround receiver provide this USB “handshake” and both play and charge all my iPods just fine. I have both the Touch and the classic that were purchased this past Christmas. I didn’t even get the “airport mode” as someone else had. Maybe it’s a version thing. Even if it doesn’t work and I end up buying a different tip for another device, it’s still worth the $8.99.

True, but if you travel with a bunch of gadgets iGo is some seriously awesome stuff.

I have one of their laptop power supplies, and it has an extra port on it that allows me to hook up & recharge all my different gadgets (usually travel with 3-4) without having to carry around any extra chargers.

Sure, the tips run $10 apiece, but to me its worth it not having to carry around a bunch of different chargers. Having said that, if I did not travel a lot, I probably wouldn’t buy iGo stuff.

As for this woot, I’m in for 3 because I already have a lot of iGo tips, and I am planning on buying the 3G iPhone soon so I will now have tips for that as well (I assume the 3G will use the same connector as the previous iPhone). I’ll give one to my girlfriend’s daughter as well.

This also works great to charge your cell phone ( not with the adapter included) . What you need to do is go to Radio Shack and buy the adapter for your specific cell phone. ( about $6.00). If your family has different cell phones, all u need to do is buy the specific adapter and use the main unit. I had one of these before in the van that was stolen. It worked on Moto Q phones.

Great price.

In for 3. Looking to reduce the number of chargers in the car.

Plus, 10 extra points to Woot for the Love-on-the-Rocks song in the description.

–c

I got two. Now does anyone know where I can get a couple of Sony Ericsson tips for cheap? I found one place for $4.97 but the shipping was $9 :stuck_out_tongue: I’m looking to spend ~$5 for a tip.

In for one…tired of taking my iPod out of the car to charge it :slight_smile:

This is a wonderful device. We have two of them and have used them for a few years. Since there are five of us in the family with different phones, it works great for us. We each keep our tip with us and then just put it on when we need to charge our phone. This device is $25+ at Radio Shack, so this is a great deal! I just bought three more, since we will soon have a few more drivers in our household.

I have this and love it. The ipod/iphone tip itself would cost $10 in the store, the charger anywhere fom $15-25 depending on when you bought it. I have two–one for the car and one for the computer tavel bag (to use in rental cars. Awesome deal! Once you have the charger you can buy more tips for your other toys…

I’m not going to go ahead and say that this will work with iPhone or iPod Touch, but my Touch works with an iPod 9V battery charger adapter (intended use: plug in a 9V battery and charge your iPod) plugged into an AC/DC converter set to 12V – No USB handshaking. Also, The standard Apple sync/charge cable charges my iPod Touch when connected to my laptop running Linux, no special software downloads necessary. Ubuntu 8.04 thinks it’s a camera with no photos on it. I’m going to check the status of iPod Touch drivers for Linux now, see if I can finally sync without windows.

This is perfect for my four iPod family, when we take those long road trips in the Family Truckster. In for three!!

(And indeed, bonus points to the Woot product describing drones for dropping some Neil Diamond.)

I actually already have one of these and YES, it DOES WORK with the iPhone AND iPod.

In for three!

While your -opinion- may be fairly valid, it’s not fully accurate. If you have actually TRIED this model, you would know that it DOES work. My ex had this exact model and tip, and her iPod was charging regularly and properly with her frequent use of it. That is what convinced me to buy the iGo wall/car kit for myself (different model, same company). I have about 6 different tips that I swap out as needed, and they all work flawlessly.

At $20-30 for this unit at Radio Shack, plus $10 per tip, this one is quite a bargain, even if you don’t have an iPod to use it with. Just hit up Radio Shack for a tip you need (be sure to get the blue, not the green tip styles) and you’re good to go. You might want to research on iGo’s website to see if your non-iPod devices have a tip for the blue kind, as I don’t believe this model is compatible with the green versions.

duly wooted

it looks like a hairdryer.