iGo Charger with 12 AA Batteries

where did you find this value 2Ah

I had purchased 4 sets of these in the past… and ended up throwing away all the batteries and the chargers… the batteries leaked inside the charger thereby making both quite useless… I used them in motion sensor LED Lights and one actually leaked on the contacts… If you’re planning on using them in high end electronics I would stay away just to be safe on your electronics…

If you’re interested in rechargeable batteries for Strobist or flash usage here’s a good read…

Battery Review for Camera Flash Usage and Cycle Times

I would opt for the Eneloops for durability… the newer gens have even more charge cycles… they have like these little King Crown crowns on them in comparison to the older generation Eneloops…

http://www.lumengear.com/ebay_images/eneloop_batteries/eb_frm400_eneloop_aaa_crown.jpg

Can the charger be used to “refresh” depleted, non-rechargeable AA alkaline batteries?

it’s actually printed on the batteries above the green band, you can almost make it out in the picture with the batteries in the charger…
AA 1.5V
2000 mAh

No, and you don’t want to be trying to recharge alkaline batteries anyways. That particular battery chemistry is not suited for recharging (as a user above states, bursting inside the charger, which is what alkaline batteries tend to do when recharged) and past 50% discharge you’ve pretty much killed the battery chemistry internally.

Alkalines are plain and simple best for one full drain, and then they’re dumpster material.

Just bought this for more with only 4 batteries from Amazon. :frowning: The version that has showed up on Woot previously (8 cell charger, 8 AAs 4 AAAs) had a battery blow up while charging and I had to toss that charter. Have 11 AAs and 4 AAAs now. Not sure it’s worth using the batteries for what I use them for right now - may just relegate these to what they’re meant to be used for - long term like Wiimotes and remotes and such.
Overall, alright for the short term, but it’s cheap; you’ll save on batteries for a while and buy a new one next time you see it around.

Hello. I just wanted to chime in to share my experience and opinion of this combo. I do not actually own this specific charger but do own their higher end version that I purchased off of Woot over a year ago for $19.99 which included 12AA + 4AAA rechargeable Alkaline batteries along with their 8 position LCD charger which, like this one, charges each battery separate so you can for example, charge just 8 or just 1 at a time or any other combination of rechargeable AA and AAA batteries with an LCD reading monitoring the charge levels.

Here is the archived woot sales page and description:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/igo-charger-w-12-aa-4-aaa-batteries

I’ve been using these non stop in all of my low drain devices, like television remotes and RC transmitters, with great success. I liked them so much that I purchased a second set when it was offered again here on Woot. With constant use and periodic charging when needed, none of the 24AA/8AAA have leaked, or stopped charging since I received them over a year ago, and I use all 24 as some of my RC transmitters take up to 8AA each.

If used as intended (low drain devices), charged properly using the included charger only (yes, solar lights will destroy rechargeable Alkaline’s as their solar charging is intended only for use with NiMH/NiCad batteries. The same goes for any other non-Alkaline charger) and never drained completely down past 1.33 volts (essentially dead), then one should not have any problems.

Current and potential buyers must also be aware that these come pre-charged from the factory and do not need to be charged prior to use. The included directions specifically state not to do so as it will essentially destroy the battery.

-If you’re looking for batteries to use with your digital camera, LED’s or any other high drain device, then look elsewhere. These are not intended for use with such devices.

-If your lazy with charging, just simply forgetful or simply don’t care to charge the battery before being completely drained, then look elsewhere.

-If you want to use these in your remotes and transmitters, and willing to charge them every before being fully depleted, then these will work very well.

-If you want rechargeable batteries that will always be charged and ready for use almost indefinitely (claims up to 7 years, but not personally tested) then these are for you.

I don’t have much use for the AAA versions as I only use two in my Air-conditioner remote, and decided to charge them after very little use over a period of ~ 5 months, and put a fresh pair in (that were still in the package as they’re packaged pre-charged). The 1 year old batteries still read ~ 1.6v from their initial factory charge!

My AA versions have mostly all been charged well over 20 times since purchase with no issues or loss of capacity so I find it very hard to believe those with serious issues (leaking, exploding, pooping…etc) are using them properly. Being a long time user of LiPo batteries, I was naturally very cautious when using/charging them so this was not an issue for me. I also did a lot of research on these specific batteries and received a lot of good feedback from actual users of these batteries instead of biased opinions from people who never used the product itself and others that base their opinion on their knowledge and experience with standard non-rechargeable Alkaline batteries.

If your thinking about buying this, I would highly recommend the batteries themselves as well as the charger if it is based on or similar in quality to the the 8-position version previously mentioned. Good luck all and happy Wooting!!

RIP OFF
I only got an 8 pack of batteries. I paid $9.99 for a charger and 12 batteries not a pack of 8.

I’m sorry for the trouble! In this case, please email Woot Member Services with your user name and order number for further assistance. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. support@woot.com

how do I contact woot for missing items?

Click the link in my post, just above yours.

I bought the green energy rechargeable alkaline battery with charger and while charging the batteries for the first time they exploded. has anyone else had this problem and did woot! give you a refund?

thanks