iGo Green Battery Charger with 8 Rechargeable Batteries

Recently bought 8 of these at Fry’s for about $1 a piece. Worked great with my NiMH charger at home. Took them to Thanksgiving and forgot the charger. Used a different charger and they oozed acid. Not sure if that was a user error or not, but I was pretty surprised.

4xAA Cost $8.64

IGO AC05058-0001 RECHARGEABLE ALKALINE BATTERIES (AA, 4 PK)

You can use these batteries for todays items in Home.Woot! and Kids.Woot!

• $3.95 shipping

Is the charger single channel or dual channel? (Charges only in pairs or can you charge singles?)

These are 1.5V Alkaline. NiMH put out 1.2volts when fully charged.

A 2000mah Alkaline is equivilent to a 2500mah NiMH

1.2v * 2500 ma = 3000mw - NiMH
1.5v * 2000 ma = 3000mw - Alkaline

I just bought this since my mouse batteries are claiming they’re near dead again. If it helps stem the tide of batteries I’m going through with my mouse and camera, I’d say it’s worth it for 14.99.

in the words of the Great American…DJ Pauly D from the Jersey Shore, “YEAH, BUDDY!”

Awkward!

My wife is getting annoyed because our current rechargeables are losing their current (sorry for the pun.) I keep explaining that they don’t last forever. She thinks something is wrong with the chargers.

The price is right. Sure, they are slightly on the low side in terms of juice but they will do. It only takes a few uses for them to be cheaper than regular batteries.

How many times can I recharge these batteries?

Is there a life span for them?

I’ll second the LaCrosse recommendation. You can’t get a better charger for maintaining your batteries (as opposed to slowly degrading their performance like cheapo fast-chargers do). But it’s important to note that if a battery is completely drained the LC unit wont’ know what to do with it, so it’s good to have a cheapo to “kick-start” the battery just enough to be recognized by the LC.

I bought these not to long ago from a local store, pretty happy with them. Haven’t tried them on a camera though, xbox/wii controllers mostly.

I have no idea… but I love my Eneloops.

Same price for 4xAAA

IGO AC05059-0001 RECHARGEABLE ALKALINE BATTERIES (AAA, 4 PK)

Smart thinking!

I wonder how long it takes them to recharge? I didn’t notice it among the description.

ZDNet says they hold a charge longer than regular NiMH batteries. I’m not sure how they compare to Eneloops, though (I have a few sets of them and love them).

They look like batteries that will be good for low draw applications like wall clocks, thermostats, and remotes.

"Rechargeable alkaline batteries have the ability to carry their charge for years, unlike most NiCd and NiMH batteries which self-discharge in 90 days.

Although these batteries can be used in any device that supports a standard size (AA, AAA, C, D, etc.), they are formulated to last longest in periodical use items. This type of battery is best suited for use in low-drain devices such as remote controls or for devices that are used periodically such as flashlights, television remotes, portable radios, etc."

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/-MAHA-MH-C800S-AA--AAA-8-CELL-BATTERY-CHARGER_p_153.html