iHome USB Wireless 8 Button Laser Mouse

this thing is crippity crap. I got two on a tuesday. Both broke with 2 weeks.

The usb reciever on one stopped being detected by the computer.

The other started flashing low battery, with brand new batteries.

The worst part is, I figured I would use the WORKING mouse with the WORKING usb reciever? Nope, they just absolutely do not want to detect each other.

someone’s Christmas present has just been/will soon be purchased…

Adios

Guess what I’m using on my netbook right now? Fancy l’il thing.

Product Reviews

The USB dongle is considerably larger than the tiny “nano” sized dongles you can get these days on other mice. I’ll pass.

do not want! do not want!

Here is the cnet review

http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/ihome-8-button-programmable/4505-3148_7-33625040.html

I have one of these. It works great as a mouse. It’s still on the first battery I put in it several months later, in fact. For the price, you could do way worse and with less features.

Have a good one. See ya in the A.M.

I already own a Logitech MX518, I’ll pass.

Besides, I hate cordless mice and keyboards. Too much radio interference over here, cursor ends up walking all over the place when the mouse is still…

Dang it…right after I threw myself on the retractable mini-mouse & usb & useless headphone…

So this is a wootoff huh? I’m oddly compelled to keep going, but getting majorly frustrated. I want a BOC or failing that, a good quality bluetooth thingie for my car!

Are you feelin’ OK?

And where’s the status in a tiny dongle?

Just go already.

fucking lingerer.

Then again, everyone complains about not getting the Bag of Crαp, but when they get Crαp without the Bag they’re also unhappy. My suggestion is: Order up all this crαp and then put it in your own paper-bag.

I got the red one from Woot back in February. Don’t plan on carefully nestling it next to your laptop in your backpack. The scroll button broke during its first trip out of the house when it was padded just as carefully as my cheap logitech mice have been, and they’re still going strong. Really liked it other than that. It made a great “remote control” for the computer if you’re using it as your entertainment center. I’m tempted by the price, but I’ll wait for a better quality wireless mouse to replace my old one. Don’t want another junker, even if the battery life was nice.

I got this in a Woot deal before, it is still used daily at work, but I wish I had a different one. I look forward to replacing it.

-The buttons have an annoying metallic click sound
-The programmed buttons forget what they are supposed to do and sometimes do not perform their duties. The only way to make them work again is to reboot

The batteries do last a long time, though, easily 3-4 months each.

because Woot loves to see you squirm. All those screaming monkeys we have all purchased contain tiny cameras and microphones so Woot staff gets a good laugh as they delay the next item while you pound your f5 button.
Its a conspiracy, a big giant bag of conspiracy.

I’m completely addicted to using the thumb buttons for the browser’s Forward and Back buttons. Regular 3 button mice are useless to me.