I'm a little teapot

Sukey take it off again.

Sukey take it off again.

Sukey take it off again.

They’ve all gone away.

Yay!

History lesson. Everyone on their carpet squares, it’s story time:

“Polly put the kettle on” was published in 1797. The origin of “Polly put the kettle on” was based on the author having five children - two boys and three girls. There were constant arguments as the boys wanted to play soldiers and the girls wanted to play house! When the girls wanted to play without their brothers they would pretend to start a game of tea party “Polly put the kettle on” and the daughter, called Polly, would put the toy kettle on! As soon as the brothers left Sukey (or Susan) would take it off again! Their father was so amused by this ploy that he set it to words and added the music which were subsequently published.

I’m bringing home a baby bumblebee

Won’t my mommy be so proud of me

(Did you know there was a second verse to “I’m a Little Teapot”?)

You mean 3rd verse? I saw this on one site:
Blow the fire and make the toast,
Put the muffins on to roast,
Blow the fire and make the toast,
We’ll all have tea.

I’m bringing home a baby bumble bee

I’m talking about I’m a Little Teapot

I’m a little teapot, short and stout
Here is my handle [one hand on hip], here is my spout [other arm out straight]
When I get all steamed up, hear me shout
Just tip me over and pour me out!
[as song ends, lean over and tip arm out like a spout]

I’m a clever teapot, yes it’s true
Here’s an example of what I can do
I can change my handle to my spout [switch arm positions and repeat tipping motion]
Just tip me over and pour me out

If this is true, why are all those red shirt guys still dead?

Cause I’m bringing home a baby bumble bee
Bzzzzzzzz ouch he stung me!

Oh I’m bringing home a six foot salior boy
woun’t my mommy be so full of joy
Cause i’m bringing home a six foot salior boy
ohhh, he kissed me

Ms. Name,

They didn’t die because they were poor, they died because they didn’t improve their intelligence.

Sulu is on Conan O’Brien right now.

Did you read his book? I saw him at a book signing. He was nice. The book was good. Talked about his childhood in an internment camp for Japanese americans in CA.

http://spacestationk7.eliteforce.com/images/guardian/spock_sulu_correctedLowRes.jpg

mmm, smells good too. wink

//raises hand and jumps up in seat… I knew! I knew! :slight_smile: But I heard it as, “I’m a special teapot, yes it’s true. Let me show you what I can do”

When daughter was a wee little thing I would walk her around her room at night “singing” along with a CD of kid songs and I was shocked to learn the second verse. I was even more shocked that my “singing” would actually put her to sleep.

I’m impressed, I had never heard a second verse.

My bonnie lies over the ocean,