I'm back!

Hey guys!
I’m back from vacation, and now I’m back to posting! Hope y’all weren’t too heathenous whilst I was away.

… and I just got back from the bathroom.

So?

Just my $.02 on the matter, but I really, really don’t want this sort of topic to become commonplace around here.

[quote user=“RevJOnathan”]Hey guys!
I’m back from vacation, and now I’m back to posting! Hope y’all weren’t too heathenous whilst I was away.[/quote]

NOOOO!! I left for 3 days, and wasn’t here last night so I haven’t passed ya yet!!

[quote user=“obob”]… and I just got back from the bathroom.

So?

Just my $.02 on the matter, but I really, really don’t want this sort of topic to become commonplace around here.[/quote]

what, discussions of bathroom usage? or discussions of vacations?

what about bathroom usage while on vacation? sometimes the change in diet and environment make those kind the most interesting.

Did I ever tell you about the time I ate the authentic Iraqi food down town? Boy did I have the shits then. They don’t call it Saddam’s Revenge for nothing, let me tell you.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]

what about bathroom usage while on vacation? sometimes the change in diet and environment make those kind the most interesting.

Did I ever tell you about the time I ate the authentic Iraqi food down town? Boy did I have the shits then. They don’t call it Saddam’s Revenge for nothing, let me tell you. [/quote]

And the really great part is when you also have to learn how to use a different kind of toilet at the same time. Ever tried using an asian style sqatter? Add the runs, and you’ve tripled the difficulty…

[quote user=“Turken”]

And the really great part is when you also have to learn how to use a different kind of toilet at the same time. Ever tried using an asian style sqatter? Add the runs, and you’ve tripled the difficulty…[/quote]

for anyone unfamiliar with the Iraqi style of toilet, here is a picture. Click on it to see a larger version for the full experience.

As turken noted, try using that bad boy when you’ve got the explosive shits.

This one is a little rough looking because this stall is in a temporary building/warehouse. Most of them are a little nicer looking with white ceramic tiling and white walls and such. But the basic design of a ceramic lined hole in the floor is the same all across the country. Because they don’t have that nice little S curve in the piping that traps water the way western shitters do, you get all the sewer gasses escaping into the bathroom as well.

One thing they don’t come with, however, is toilet paper. If you look closely, at the left you will see a small hose coiled on the floor. That and a hand is how the locals clean up after going.

How do you go? Well, you take up a sumo squat and push one out.

The thing that surprised me the most is that Iraqi men do not stand up to pee. They kneel down in front of the porcelain hole to pee. Who knew?

They have similar facilities in Korea, pedestal toilets are few and far between. My mother and her friend visited me there for a week, much time was spent looking for the holy grail; a door marked PEDESTAL. Fortunately we had access to military bases so it wasn’t a huge problem. When “out on the town” with other soldiers it was common to find an unmarked door along the street with an even cruder version inside, just two wooden boards with an open sewer underneath. Not pleasant but after a few rounds of their local liquor, soju, who cared?

What the hell happened to this thread…

Ooops, Welcome Back Rev!

I thought it was rather appropriate for a “vanity” thread to go . . . right to the toilet.

[quote user=“obob”]
I thought it was rather appropriate for a “vanity” thread to go . . . right to the toilet.[/quote]
Oh c’mon. You’ve got an “Everything Else” thread here. Just let us be.

obob - the Thread Nazi.

“NO POST FOR YOU!!”

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]obob - the Thread Nazi.

“NO POST FOR YOU!!”[/quote]
amen!

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]obob - the Thread Nazi.

“NO POST FOR YOU!!”[/quote]

I’m honored, thank you.

[quote user=“RevJOnathan”]
Oh c’mon. You’ve got an “Everything Else” thread here. Just let us be.[/quote]

ya see, tha thing is . . . if “Everything Else” approximates “anything goes” then that includes the gripes, too.

You absolutely can have this thread, and others like it. But I still get to come to it (or them) and tell everyone I think it sets a bad precedent. And you get to tell me I’m full of whatever. . . and on and on and on

[quote user=“obob”]

ya see, tha thing is . . . if “Everything Else” approximates “anything goes” then that includes the gripes, too.

You absolutely can have this thread, and others like it. But I still get to come to it (or them) and tell everyone I think it sets a bad precedent. And you get to tell me I’m full of whatever. . . and on and on and on[/quote]
Gotta love it!

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

… and I just got back from the bathroom.

So?

Just my $.02 on the matter, but I really, really don’t want this sort of topic to become commonplace around here.

NOOOO!! I left for 3 days, and wasn’t here last night so I haven’t passed ya yet!!

Did I ever tell you about the time I ate the authentic Iraqi food down town? Boy did I have the shits then. They don’t call it Saddam’s Revenge for nothing, let me tell you.