I'm home!

Not sure anyone is really keeping track of these things, but for those of you who are aware I was in iraq, I am now officially back home. I type this from my living room couch. So, thanks for all the offers of packages and well wishes - as well as all the wasted hours trying to keep up with woot offs! It helped kill alot of down time over there!

Your tax dollars at work!

A great big welcome home to you agp! Glad you’re safe and back loafering on the couch, it’s often the little pleasures we miss the most.

What part of the country do you call home?

I’m back in rochester NY. luckily it’s still kinda warm here, allows me to ease into winter lol when we landed in Iceland on the way home it was 50 degrees and blustery - we all thought we were going to die on the way to the terminal.

granted, 50 isn’t that bad in the scheme of things, but when you’re adjusted to 130, it’s a bit of a shock!

YAY!!! welcome home AGP

Hey hey hey!!! Back in the US of A, the land of the big PX/BX and all night stores!!

Welcome home, troop!! Hope ya get to enjoy a good long respite from the sandbox!!!

I’m so glad you’re back home again!! hope you can take some “down time” to relax…

Welcome home!!! I thought we should be seing this soon and I’m glad you made it safe and sound. Well, as sound as any of us I guess… [;)]

i;ve got a month of leave to use up, so i think that should be sufficient. judging from how wrecked the house is, i’ll need it to get all my crap put away and organized lol

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]

i;ve got a month of leave to use up, so i think that should be sufficient. judging from how wrecked the house is, i’ll need it to get all my crap put away and organized lol [/quote]

Just outta nosiness and comraderie - do wear the sky blue, sea blue, forest green, or olive and khaki suit? Mine was forest green . . .

Welcome back, AGP. Glad you’re home safe.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]I’m back in rochester NY. luckily it’s still kinda warm here, allows me to ease into winter lol when we landed in Iceland on the way home it was 50 degrees and blustery - we all thought we were going to die on the way to the terminal.

granted, 50 isn’t that bad in the scheme of things, but when you’re adjusted to 130, it’s a bit of a shock![/quote]

Man, you’re going to get adjusted just in time to go back.

[quote user=“AZGman”]

Just outta nosiness and comraderie - do wear the sky blue, sea blue, forest green, or olive and khaki suit? Mine was forest green . . .[/quote]

do you mean uniforms? when i was in Iraq we were issued the DCU, a 3 color tan/brown combo. the army just came out with the ACU which is sort of a gray/tan/green pixelated pattern which is designed to be used in all environments. the army doesn’t have special woodland and desert patterns anymore, they’re just issuing the ACU now. i haven’t gotten a set yet, but i think they look sharp.

now that i’m back stateside i’ll be wearing the green/black/brown BDU that everyone is used to seeing. once i get issued ACUs then i’ll switch to those.

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

Man, you’re going to get adjusted just in time to go back.[/quote]

yeah, there’s been more than a fair share of joking amongst us about when we’ll be going back. mostly that we’re building them up so that when we invade again in ten years it’s a little bit more of a challenge.

speaking of adjusting, i went running this morning - what a difference temperature makes! i was running along at a comfortable pace, looked down at my watch and i had taken a good two minutes off my pace. the only thing i can attribute it to is the cooler weather.

Stress level matters, too.
Hopefully you don’t feel as much need for the constant elevated “situational awareness” now that you’re back home.

Welcome back.

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]do you mean uniforms? when i was in Iraq we were issued the DCU, a 3 color tan/brown combo. the army just came out with the ACU which is sort of a gray/tan/green pixelated pattern which is designed to be used in all environments. the army doesn’t have special woodland and desert patterns anymore, they’re just issuing the ACU now. i haven’t gotten a set yet, but i think they look sharp.

now that i’m back stateside i’ll be wearing the green/black/brown BDU that everyone is used to seeing. once i get issued ACUs then i’ll switch to those.

[/quote]

I think he meant the dress uniform, but I checked out those ACUs, and they look pretty cool.

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

I think he meant the dress uniform, but I checked out those ACUs, and they look pretty cool.[/quote]

Does look cool . . . very similar to the Marines’ new utilities . . .

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]I’m back in rochester NY. luckily it’s still kinda warm here, allows me to ease into winter lol when we landed in Iceland on the way home it was 50 degrees and blustery - we all thought we were going to die on the way to the terminal.

granted, 50 isn’t that bad in the scheme of things, but when you’re adjusted to 130, it’s a bit of a shock![/quote]

welcome back! good ol Rahaha…nuthin like Fall in the northeast!!

[quote user=“AZGman”]

Does look cool . . . very similar to the Marines’ new utilities . . .[/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking that, because I recently played paintball with a marine (who wore his uniform), and the article I looked at actually said that they’d taken the digital camo pattern directly from the Marines.

Great that you are back home. Now woot will be at 1am for you just like the rest of us east coasters!

Welcome home!

m.

[quote user=“joyner”]Great that you are back home. Now woot will be at 1am for you just like the rest of us east coasters!

Welcome home!

m.[/quote]

lol

yeah, no more waking up just in time for the woot