Imported Greek Olive Mix

Translation: as olives are… olives, and not a wheat/rye/barley product, it’s kind of impossible for there to be gluten.

Sorry, I meant processed in the sense that they lose their flavor. I normally buy my olives in small quantities and don’t have them as often as I’d like.
However, it looks like speedogirl2 and greenmonkey125 answered my question.

Thanks for humoring this very tired wooter.

Here’s some Olive Recipes.

and more from Explore Crete.

oh and by the way, they have a website www.manifoods.gr if anybody is interested. And it’s available in English (or Greek)!

Well, I suppose they don’t lose flavor so much as they do “structure,” making it easier for the olives at the bottom of the jar to get a little crushed and mushy. And you do sort of lose the experience of having to carefully gnaw at the olive and spit the pit out.

But then, pitted olives are so much easier to just grab a handful of and stuff in your face.

It all depends what you’re looking for, but no, you won’t see a discernible difference in flavor (or shouldn’t, at least). And now that you’re in for this, I doubt you’ll want for olives for quite some time. :slight_smile:

Aye, it’s not olive loaf, after all.

Oh for heavens sake. Olive Recipes:

Unpitted olives: Eat Olive. Spit out pit. Repeat.

Pitted olives: Impale an olive on each of your fingers and thumbs. Eat olives off. Repeat.

Why adulterate yummy olives with other stuff?

I will happily donate my undeserved quality posts to 41susan14 for this pearl of wisdom.

Slowly and while watching the clock?

I can’t believe I’m tempted. This is nuts.

Peppers? As in bell peppers?
Damnit, these sounded so good otherwise :frowning:
I wish I didn’t find peppers so horrible.

Not to insult you woot, but somebody missed the boat with the cheese in your picture. That cheese should have been Feta without a doubt. Oh well, I guess I’m not insulted by the cheddar.

No, dude. Olives.

Anybody have the dimensions of the barrel? I want to make sure this will fit in my fridge. And if I get a second, will it keep in a pantry for a while if I do not open? Yes, seriously. We like olives THAT much in our family.

I suppose this isn’t the answer you are looking for, but I can assure you that the olives shall be long gone before they go bad. They’re covered in brine, which means the microorganisms aren’t going to have much a chance. If you use clean utensils to draw them out, your olives shall still be good this time next year. I’ve cured my own olives and found open jars hidden in the back of the fridge several months later that were just fine.

the thing no one’s really mentioned and my main reason for going with non-pitted is that the pitted olives, to me anyways, have too much of the brine taste when you eat them. the hole where the pit was gets filled in after all, and though convenient it’s too much for me.

Similar experience, have had two of these jars (one black, one green, both with-pits as I recall), I don’t remember the brand(s) on the jars and doubt it matters (was about 15-20 yrs ago). In for one of these tonight (via alternate spousal account to make use of the $5 coupon), have been wanting to get another olive jug for quite some time, and this was the ideal opportunity.

FWIW, I think that with-pits taste better, and, black taste better than green. But, since my wife insists on pitted, I’ll have to endure the no-pits. (And since they’re assorted, I’ll be able to enjoy the black ones to me 'arts content.)

PS:

Anyone else find themselves logged OFF of Woot, and having great difficulty getting logged back ON tonight?

Any ideas regarding how the strainer thing works? From the “top” picture, it seems that the lid doesn’t completely seal the jar.

So the wine can only be shipped to the states listed, but what about the foods? Specifically, can this particular woot go overseas to a military apo?

Anywhere in the states. I seriously doubt they will shit international.