Imported Pitted Greek Olive Mix

I love Olives,but WOW almost 4 pounds!!! their is only me and the wife.Question,can you freeze Olives??? or is that just plain dumb on my part.

Best I can do, I don’t know.

It’s about the size of a gallon milk jug.

i have one in my fridge. it’s about a foot tall

so tempted… so tempted…

Is it wrong that what finally pushed me over the edge to buy one of these was the thought of a future “Barrel of Woot Monkeys” after I finish all the olives?

I’ve never tried, but I would think they’d probably freezer burn REALLY fast.

Got a similar quantity of non-pitted here a really long time ago. They were great, but even cooking with them, tossing them into salad nightly, and taking in a bowl for an office potluck, I still ended up having to dump about a quarter of the container.

The stuff in the container is basically the preservative, I don’t think freezing would help.

I ran several cups of mine through a food processor and froze it. I thaw it out and make tapenade with it about once a quarter. It froze very well, but I think that freezing whole olives would turn them mushy when they thaw.

Thanks for the info,ya I was thinking about freezer burn,and I am sure your right about that,thanks again.

I got the ones with pits awhile ago. Very good. I have braces now and stuff with pits are out for the risk of popping a bracket off. Glad to see the pitted ones!

I love olives to the point where 4lbs is not enough :slight_smile:

Thanks,that a great idea,I think I will give it a try.

Maybe you should do your own research, then.

Um, I’m pretty sure that was what I was doing when I asked people who’d already bought them how big the bottle is! :slight_smile:

Barrel. You wouldn’t put Woot Monkeys in bottles.

Did anyone’s barrel ship yet? Mine hasn’t.

I’m wondering if this is normal because of the size/weight/type of the item, or if my order got lost.

If the next Woot! video is about what to do with a “leftover” barrel of olives, I’ll know what happened.

from Wine.Woot FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?

You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it’s still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Assuming that applies to olives as well, I guess it’s still on schedule.

In my state, the state owns the liqueur stores and they don’t want competition, so I’ve never ordered anything from wine.woot before.

As long as I know nothing’s gone horribly wrong with my order, I can wait.

I also bought from the WOOT-off (purchase date Aug. 22nd), I am in WV, and I received notice yesterday that mine had just shipped…I was starting to wonder myself, but it seems all is well and the estimate shipping times were spot-on. I was the impatient one who didn’t read the Wine shipping notes posted above, so I’ve no one to blame for worrying but me.

Our tracking number says that the info was received on the 5th, but it is still at the FedEx location because shipping isn’t available for this product at this time. What does that mean??