InCharacter Costumes Girl's Indian Maiden Costume, Tan, 10

Hey, to wear a native dress is proud of your nation, if you are so proud to be american, then you should be bery proud to wear an american native dress.

I don’t mean to sound as if I don’t understand how the image of the native American has at times been turned into a cartoon in the past century.

Is it the styling of the item or the concept of it being considered a costume? If this is based on a ceremonial garment then I better understand. Am I wrong in thinking that one piece buckskin garments were worn by the women?

This is blatantly racist, horribly insensitive, extremely offensive cultural appropriation.

Both the styling and the concept are wrong and based on dumbed-down, cartoonish stereotypes of actual Native dress. and yes, you are wrong, Native women are a) still around, so don’t talk about them in past tense please and b) don’t wear buckskin. Read the link upthread from Native Appropriations, if you want a full explanation from a Native person, it’s pretty comprehensive.

yeah, pretty offensive. Cheap, tacky, and looks nothing like real regalia or period clothing for that matter. It’s a sort of white romanticism of what they think “Indians” look(ed) like.

From the link to Native Appropriations upthread. Come on, y’all.

Take a deep breath my friend. I apologize if I did not express my thought clearly. Of course native women are still around. I was asking/referencing past/historical dress, not the women themselves or today’s garments.

Squaw is a term for a women’s private parts. It’s not used in a kind way.

Though upon reading the rest of this thread, my guess is that if Woot did offer a Little Sambo doll, it would sell pretty well thanks to all of those eager to stick it to the SJWs of the world.

Wow…

Get your kids started young, crazy CRAZY deals on cultural appropriation. At prices this low, you can’t afford NOT to steal a proud people’s identity! Free human femur with every purchase.

Quality post right there if I ever saw one…

Hey all! There was certainly no intention to offend. Apologies for this item slipping through the cracks!

The buyers have taken your feedback to heart and are already discussing a process to make sure these kinds of products aren’t procured for future events. Thanks for being vocal, everyone!