Indestructible PCs from HP, Dell, & Lenovo

I’ve had and heard terrible experiences with Joy Systems quality… Just my 2 cents though

Good deals here, All solid machines capable of doing what most people want to do with them. Can’t beat the price of refurbished! Buying a few of these.

I’m still running a Q6600 in my main PC (clocked at 3ghz though.) I just haven’t felt compelled to upgrade – ruinning 80+ FF tabs and a half dozen other programs with no noticible drop in performance. I paid about as much for the CPU alone as this whole Dell machine, though.

How do you know what condition these PCs are? I don’t see a status other than refurbished? What can I expect, minor scratches, major scratches, something worse?

At first glance, I read ‘…PCs from Hell!’
^^X^^

Another note with the low profile video cards- remember that heat is a factor in these desktops. We had a number of 745’s (the generation immediately prior- Core2Duo based) at my workplace with off-board ATI video boards, and they seemed to eat those video boards on a regular basis. However, I suspect that was because they were living in locked cabinets and didn’t get a good amount of air flow.

Otherwise, they are solid, reliable machines for the large part- Just don’t expect them to run games very well, if at all. I will state that they will do media playback quite nicely, and they are not very noisy- good for media centers and the like. (I have a stack of 745s that are built with that purpose in mind for running convention video rooms.)

I need to get my dysgraphic son a laptop to use for school. It will need to be able to run Word and some educational software on it with little trouble.

I’m certain any of these ThinkPads could do that.

So the question of the day is, will the T-410 run Minecraft?

Lenovo is a terrible brand. Low quality Chinese company. Can’t even get the num lock keys set correctly after startup. Stick to Dell

I have a ? about the HP 6000 Pro. The specs say there are 2 USB slots on the front of the PC, the picture clearly shows 4. Which is correct?

I’m told that it should be 4. The sale has been updated. Thanks!

Absolute bullshit.

Let me expand on my previous comment:

This may well be the single stupidest comment in the history of the internet.

Lenovo Thinkpad W510 w/out Bluetooth? That a misprint??
Would love to upgrade my W500!

That’s the specs we were given. Sorry.

My HP 6530B showed up today without any OS on it when the description clearly said it would come with Win7 pro 64. I’ve tried booting it every witch way but after the POST it just pops up with a report from IBM secure data disposal 2.0.

Who do I contact to get this resolved? Is this a Woot issue or do I have to deal with the agony of dealing with the company that did the refurb?

That laptop has a 90-day Woot warranty so contact support@woot.com for assistance. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

(Sorry for the problem.) :frowning:

My Lenovo T410 arrived yesterday and seems fine until you boot up Windows. Then there are noticeable “pressure marks” on the LCD that distort the images in 3 different places.

Is it possible to simply return for a refund?

Sorry for the problem. Email support@woot.com and they’ll give you some options.

Received my computer on Monday. It did not come with the software as stated but Woot! resolved the problem fast. Happy Wooter!

Quick response — sent me Return label and will have refund upon receipt. Laptop not so great, but woot still rocks!

Thanks again.

Wow - lattitude 6410 came today. BOOTMGR is missing message, unable to boot. Am trying some Dell Reload disks I have to see if there is even an OS installed anywhere on the drive.
Also, found a broken off knife blade rattling around in the case.

NOT A GOOD DEAL.
Woot - I would not deal with these “refurbishers” ever again. They are obviously incompetent.

EDIT - I was able to perform a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit from a Dell Reload DVD I had in the office. I loaded OK and appears to be activated, so I guess everything turned out OK after all. Took a lot of work, though.