InFocus 76-inch 16:9 Projector Screen

Just an opinion, but I bet the reason for the refurbished screens has to do with shipping damage units. You see…

Last time Woot had these, I snagged one for my InFocus projector. Mine arrived fine, but the packing was all but non-existant. No padding at all. 10:1 those damaged units have been returned and repaired with new cases, etc.

BTW yes, this screen is worlds better than a white wall. The screen consists of glass beads that reflect light back to the viewing area. Ceiling white paint does the same, but to a lesser degree.

For the price - it’s a steal!

BS it’s not wootworthy! This is awesome for all the folks projecting on a white wall or a bedsheet and it makes a MAJOR difference in quality. Cheapest from a place you can actually order (read : NOT Ebay) is ~$165 on Froogle so this is a smokin’ deal.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3821/fizzgig2rz.gif

Does anyone care that the pic is of a 4:3 screen (at least, it’s clearly NOT 16:9 in the pic)… guess that goes with the sketchy specs.

Just FYI, a white would work in some circumstances, but its the reflective material on the screen that makes a screen worth buying. It brightens up the projector image, enough to where you can see a considerable difference. Not a bad woot…

I have this projector screen mounted right now and it definetly makes a difference over a white wall. It really disappears on the wall too when pulled up, which works out good for me since I put it up while my wife was at work. Surprise!

How exactly does one ‘refurbish’ a screen?

Thats just craziness.

I think it only works with refurbished projectors.

forgot to add… the shipping on this makes it an awesome deal. please give us the projector too! DANG… now i have a screen and nothing to project on it with! Ugh… i’m truly sick.

Same price on Bens Bargains today. Sold at Buy.com for $45 but they sold out there already. Rakuten: Shop. Get Cash Back. Repeat.

J

What the deuce is that thing on the image? It looks like a pissed off stump that grew a head.

http://store.infocus.com/escalate/store/DetailPage?pls=infocus&bc=infocus&pc=HW-HTSCREEN76&tab=desc

The other thing to remember here is that usually projector screens cost more than $5 to ship… they’re heavy and awkward. With that and the fact that I need a wall screen in mind, I wooted.

Only downside is that since I have a 4:3 projector it’s actually about a 60" 4:3 screen. But that’s still a good deal to me…

EDIT: The link just above shows that it’s a Matte White screen with 1.0 screen gain. Which is standard and should work well in most situations.

Read the thread. It’s Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal.

So I guess tomorrow’s woot will be a dlp projector?

Oh and Dark Crystal 2 was announced today…

With a squeegee and some Kleenex, of course. That removes the burn-in.

Oh great. I was just trying to sell the screen that I got with my projector on craigslist for $50. I guess this blows that bubble! It is a pretty nice screen, but I built one that’s much bigger. This screen and the Matrix DVD set were just throw-ins with the projector, neither of them I needed.

Good woot. Bought one for my crappy projector just because the brightness of the screen,(yes, even compared to a white wall), will make every aspect of the picture better. With a white wall the difference between white and black is not nearly as much as it is with one of these.
thanks woot.

Now don’t I feel like an idiot not buying the “HP Home Cinema Digital Projector” for $500.These two go together like peach pie and and 22/7.

p.s. Oh Wooters, show us your power by selling extrenal hard drive cases.

p.p.s. Dark Crystal 2 was mentioned today it was posted. Advent Children US release was also posted today, as with the actors in it. Now we get to pira**…uh…I mean buy it again!

Great woot! Sucks there is tax for Texans… so does that mean the ‘Woot Warehouse’ is located here or is it coming directly from InFocus?

I’ve been waiting for this for a while. You guys who knock it have no clue. I’ve had a projector (NEC VT-650) for over a year, and I started out projecting to a wall (ok) then on a window shade (better), but the problem is that the window shade after 5 or so pulls isn’t quite taut anymore. This projector screen is designed for pulling down… maybe I’ll have it before next week’s 24! I can hope, anyway.