InFocus IN72 Home Entertainment DLP Projector

I’d buy two of these, one to use and one for the spare lamp (@$399 might as well)

Woot is taking a big chance with their product description. It costs a fortune I would assume to mention “superbowl” in any form of advertisement, otherwise we wouldn’t be hearing so many commercials advertising it as “the big game”.

What it means is it can take any of those signals and compress them down to 480p…
So the resolution is just 480p, but give it any signal you want and it will figure out the rest…

what does a replacement bulb go for when it blows for one of these units?

It means it is Compatible to project videos that have that quality, but it will still be in 480p quality in the end.

Edit: Uhh yeah what he^ said.

It shows this model + 92" screen is $599 after rebate directly from the infocus site you linked.

nope…same price

In for 1.

The bulb on my 4805 just died and it is $350 to replace the bulb. Getting an entirely new projector for $400 seems like a no brainer, especially considering a 4805 with a burned out bulb just sold on eBay for $150.

Holey, wholly crap!! Larry this is the best idea ever. E V E R!
you just convinced me to drop 600 dolores.

we need to move on to 720p at least.

Bought this projector last time it was up at the same price. Looks great - just projecting it on to my crap-apartment-maintenance-staff-painted wall and it still looks great. You need to have pretty decent control of the light in the room, but even with a fair amount of ambient light it is seeable enough. This thing is awesome for playing Nintendo Wii, as well as watching DVDs with a progressive scan DVD player. All around, for the price you can’t beat it. And besides, who wants to pay the ridiculous monthly fee for HD cable or purchase a not-so-standard high definition DVD player?

How do you tell if a projector is good or not? I know about computers, but nothing about projectors. What are the “minimum specs” I should look for when buying a projector? Thanks to anyone who can help.

~Ryan

How long will the rebate return take? If anyone knows.

bought one in december. couldn’t be happier with it. we are using the gray wolf II screen and this projector in our home theater. sweet!

480p? Who are we kidding, that is a thing of the past. Bring on the heavy artillery.

$200- $300

What I’m curious about is which 20% still has paper to blow on three DLP’s at once??

Thanks so much for the response. That’s just a litle disappointing. I thought I had mom’s birthday, dad’s birthday, and next christmas all taken care of there for a moment. Thanks so much for ruining that for me with true information.

In case you can’t tell, I’m being a bit playful and facetious.

Yep they did, and my son had me buy one for him that night…

We now have a nice theater in our basement, and he cleaned up the other rooms down there too. Quite frankly, for the money, it’s fabulous. We got word today that our rebate has been accepted and that he should get it in 6-8 more weeks.

Now I need woot to put up a SONY 46" XBR2 for my livingroom!!!

I can get one for $2899…I want a w00t price on that sweet thing!

well i saw this a few weeks ago and almost bought it, then i realized it was 480 resolution. now i see it again and i have to ask woot, why are you selling something that even you know is a piece of crap.
i mean yeah it’s great for your kids room, or if you want to play super nintendo on it, or hell if all you watch is tv then go for it.
infocus makes good stuff, but pay attention to how much the bulbs are and how long they last.
if this is in you living room and you watch tv a lot, 3000 hours will go by fast. also i would recommend swapping the bulb before the 3k mark is made.

i have a infocus sp5000 from a few years ago and i love it, but damn $300-400 every time a new bulb is needed is making me watch a 23 y/o 19" tv right now.
gotta wait till payday then 4days of shipping till my 110" screen is going again.