InFocus IN72 Home Entertainment DLP Projector

another projector eh?
Froogle

I wondered what would happen if the Alien head and the Roomba MATED LOL.

Before everyone gets into the “No Way. It’s only 480p” stuff, i’ll just repeat what i’ve said every time Woot offers this projector. It’s hands down the best electronic device i’ve ever purchased for my home. I absolutely love this projector, the picture is amazing even if it’s only 480p. HD tv looks phenomenal on it, and while my HDTV would look better on a 720p projector, this IN72 projects my favorite TV shows in pseudo-HD so nicely and with so much clarity, i never notice its resolution limitations. DVDs look even better than TV. And there’s plenty of brightness even though it’s only rated at 900 lumens.

I have mine hanging on the ceililng about 18’ back from my wall, and i project about a 130" diagonal screen, with plenty of clarity and brightness. I mostly use it at night but even during the day with my blinds closed, a little ambient light doesn’t ruin the picture. I have my HTPC hooked up via DVI to M1-A converter, and it’s slick.

I love watching TV, movies, anything - my friends come over and are in awe. I know there are better projectors out there, but if you’re just getting into the projector idea, and want to try it out, you absolutely can’t go wrong with this thing for $400. Heck, you can probably sell it after 6 months and make a profit, since they’re so popular.

Don’t hesitate - trust me. Buy it now before it’s sold out. Thank me later :slight_smile: (you will, i know it.)

Hmm, plaque idea’s OK… I got mine stuffed and on the Mantle…

I bought this last month from Woot and we LOVE it. We got a good screen for it, and now movies take on a whole new dimension. The picture clarity is good, setup is super easy, and for $400 (after rebate) you’ve got an awesome system. We look forward to using it outdoors this summer as well for neighborhood movie nights. I added the Soundmatters speakers (also from Woot) and a progressive scan DVD player to the system and now we’ve got a great home theater setup for not that much money.

What is the lamp replacement cost for this projector? It wouldn’t surprise me if it is 1/2 the cost of the projector!

hmmm

and they sell out every single time. wonder why woot would keep offering an item that sells out early every time they put it up here?

I’d usually be annoyed at seeing the same exact thing come up every month, but everyone who’s bought it says it’s been amazing, especially for only 400 bucks. This way, I’m hoping they’ll still be offering it when I can actually spend $400.

I like to leave mine on an alabaster pedestal, with soft indirect lighting.

At full night? How does it work outside in daylight or dusk? Good enough for kids movies, or does it really not show up until dark? thanks for the help

Hallelujah!

I’ve been wanting them to put this up again ever since the last Woot-Off, when I didn’t have the fundage!

Woot wooted!

We own one…

Yes, it will do fine in dim lighting. We set up a home theater in our basement with it and watch hockey games and movies all the time on it. It has a very bright picture with many functions. We have been informed that our rebate submission has been accepted too.

I got one last time, and it’s great. HD looks much better than regular tv. It makes playing wii games even cooler. One question though. I forgot to cut the upc off the box before it was thrown away. Am I SOL on the rebate?

about same price as projector

Somebody explain me, please.
When it says NATIVE RESOLUTION 854×480 and Video Compatibility 1080i, 1080p/24, 1080p/30, 1080p/50, 1080p/60 , how do they go together? Is the 480 brought up to a higher quality, or the 1080 screwed to poor image? And all those #-s after 1080, are frame per second? How come other projectors don’t make an issue of this?
Please.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post - my son hooks up his Xbox 360 to this projector when his friends come over and they are delighted with the big picture. It works fine with a light on in the room as long as it’s not too bright – you don’t need total darkness.

Cheap? Cut a few inches (almost a foot) off the long end of an 8x4 sheet of tub surround hung on the wall. Use black velour to absorb light on the edges. Mount on plywood or particle board…or just forget the screen and shoot right on the wall (if you have white walls) Kill ambient light. You can paint the screen with a mixture of Siverscreen white Bear paint from Home Depot and 1 other color, I forget which (check AVS Forums - Google it)…or you can get a decent 16:9 screen for about $100 or so.

This exact model was offered a few times before. I might get it tonight because of the rebate.

If you are setting up a home theater then 900 lumens will work fine. Every theater I have been too has been nice and dark. Some $25,000 HT projectors only put out 1200 lumens… This woot is considerably less than 25 g’s.

ps is it mac compatible?

Man, I would love to buy this for outdoor movie night because I do not have the room in the house to pull this off. For this price, (with the rebate) It is a steal. Who cares about the 480 res at this price?

I bought one on a woot like 6 months ago…Nice and worth buying, I have mine in my living room and it’s basically a theatre now. Ofcourse its 250 bucks cheaper then when i bought it. GOOD BUY>