InFocus IN76 High Definition Home Theater DLP Projector

I bought the IN72 and it works great. I project it on a wall and my son plays Wii on a 100" screen making him da bomb of 5th grade. Note, however, that I had to buy a DVD/Tuner, amplifier, speakers, blackout drapes, and table—so what was a $499 w00t bargain became a fairly expensive ordeal.

Sorry, That’s only 96 dollars less than the 42 inch HP 1080P I picked up at Best buy on Day After Thanksgiving.

SSSSSUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!
720 at this price! You have to be kidding me. i just bought an HDTV and was on the hunt and wouldn’t have bought this she-ite new, let alone refurb.

Isn’t 720 on its way out the door? I’m just getting in to HD… will likely buy the top rated Panasonic plasma in a couple months (my step-father just got the 50 inch and it’s sick. My place isn’t very big, so I’ll likely get the 42)… but I have experienced some folks’ projectors in the past… This just seems a little steep for a refurb and only having 720. Anyone have a way to sell me on this?

Because the replacement bulb/lamp is almost half of the total cost…! Hope this helps.

Not a bad price but 90 days warranty damn Epson gives a full year on its refurbished projectors

I got one of this and a Panasonic AE-900 . The Panasonic projector is much better.
But This projector isn’t bad for the price.

I bought the IN72 (the 480p version) from Woot! approximately one year ago, and have been extremely pleased with it. The contrast and brightness are great, and overall the picture is quite nice. I highly recommend the IN line of projectors from InFocus. Probably the only down side is that they are relatively large.

I got one of these (new) from Woot last February and it works beautifully. I got a nice big screen to project onto and a attached a DVD player and speakers and have a nice home theater system that can be moved from 1 room to another or out into the backyard for summer film nights. The picture projected onto a 72" screen is really nice. Even better – You should see it with an xbox 360 attached and 4 people playing Halo at once – pretty amazing. The teenage boys in the house are in love with it!

Older than that. The original Colossal Cave “Adventure”. That’s where the XYZZY comes from. Although I don’t recall any Orcs in Adventure…

Oh good lord.

Blu-ray Discs. They are not DVDs.

1080p > 1080i > 720p > 720i > 480p > 480i

Progressive is better than interlaced, however, only HD-DVD and Blu-Ray display at that and some games, so right now, you’re not going to see it if you get a 1080p device unless you plan on upgrading. I’ve seen the difference between 1080i and 1080p and it’s like comparing a rifle to a sniper rifle compared to 480i to 1080i, which is like comparing a cannon to a laser.

Woot sure sells a lot of projectors, I’m assuming a lot of businesses or something buy them… because I can’t imagine too many people putting them up in their places. Eh?

Imagine a prisoner’s shirt (black and white horizontal stripes). I = Interlaced, which means the projector draws the black lines, then draws the white lines, alternating, or interlacing. P = Progressive, which means it draws the entire screen each time. Progressive should look better. Normal TV is interlaced, 480i i think. HD is 720p, or 1080i, or 1080p.

i = interlaced
p = progressive

for a more complete answer: 1080i - Wikipedia

The Optoma HD70 is now $700 after rebate, that’s brand new with 1 year warranty. Exact same specs. A way better deal IMO.

Got one from a past woot… it’s been great… research replacement bulb cost before you pull the trigger but I didn’t think they were that bad…

lol @ the description

It’s refurbished, 720p, 1000 lumens, made by Infocus (not necessarily bad), and I don’t have room inside my dorm anyway

Good description though…?>Avoid said projector (Y/N)

?>Y

~100 cheaper than most other sites according to froogle… (for refurbies)

Still wish i had that kind of bank though.

1000 LUMENS well you can have a nice picture if you live in a cave and turn off all your lights.