InFocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector

Welcome to the InFocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector topic page for Thursday, March 24th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Since yesterday was a fast selling item I suspect today will be a item that wont sell out as fast! Hmm… projector, I will say sellout in the morning!

www.dynatech.blogspot.com -The Latest Tech News, Mods, Hacks, and Deals

I am guessing this is not going to beat the 12 minute sell out of last night.

I wonder how many they could sell if they had a larger supply… 2000? 5000?

So when are you guys gonna WOOT some shares? :wink:

Awesome deal for a projector though…

www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies. Stop by and save some $$$

Pimp!

Laters

nooooooo neeeddddd

Man o man o man I want one! What a great Woot!!!

too expensive for ME:(

Good deal, good price.

pete
www.mobilereviews.net

InFocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector
Don’t hate the ScreenPlaya – hate the game
$499.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Let’s get serious. Who doesn’t, in his or her heart of hearts, covet a home theater projector? Show us the movie buff who doesn’t crave bigger, better thrills. Introduce us to the kids who wouldn’t enjoy an impromptu drive-in show on the garage door. We’d like to meet the sports fan who wouldn’t weep with joy to watch the Final Four on a 200” screen. And verily, breathes there a gamer alive who doesn’t yearn for the undead in Doom III to come to vivid life in bigger-than-life size?

Yes, when it comes to our collective widescreen home-theater jones, we are all craven, covetous sinners. And Woot! is here to indulge your weakness with the premium InFocus ScreenPlay 4800 digital light projector at a price so low you’ll want an extra one for the bathroom.

You get what you pay for, you say? In this case, you get more. You don’t need us to tell you that InFocus is the premier manufacturer of home theater components, supplying some 49% of the home market. DLP technology makes home projector images sharper, brighter and more lifelike than ever before, and nobody does it like InFocus. You probably know that the 4800 is the home theater version of their highly popular X1 business projector, but with true home video quality. Indeed, at 2000:1, it boasts the best video contrast in its class. And while it’s not quite up to the dazzling standard of the ScreenPlay 4805, it’s as close as you can get at a fraction of the price.

So go ahead and browse the specs below. Google up some reviews. Check eBay for prices. Do all the little things you Wooters do – but do them in a hurry or some other chump will get his hands on your ScreenPlay 4800.

Features:
DLP projector (compatible with HDTV/SDTV formats — when connected to a separate HDTV tuner)
4:3 native aspect ratio (can also display widescreen 16:9 material)
Texas Instruments dual-mode DLP chip (800×600 pixels)
resolution is 800×600 for 4:3 sources, 800×450 for 16:9
Faroudja FLI2200 DCDi de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing
contrast ratio: 1000:1 (full on/off in Video mode)
light output: 550 ANSI lumens (Video mode)
auto-calibrating 4-segment, 2x-speed color wheel (3-segment in Video mode for reduced brightness and improved contrast)
digital keystone correction (±20° vertical)
reverse image settings for ceiling mounting and rear projection
compatible with NTSC, PAL, SECAM, PAL-M or PAL-N signals
1.2X manual zoom/focus lens
150W SHP lamp (4000-hour rated life)
Maximum Screen Size200”
Power Save automatic lamp turn-off
cooling fan (37 dB)
illuminated remote control
1 composite video
1 S-video (component-to-S-video adapter cable included — accepts 480i signals)
1 RGB (HD-compatible component-to-RGB adapter cable included — accepts 1080i/720p/480p signals)
USB port
built-in mono speaker (2.5 watts)
9-13/16”W x 4-7/16”H x 12-9/16”D
weight: 6.8 lbs.
Condition: Refurbished by Infocus
Warranty: 90 day parts and labor direct from InFocus

More LUMENS in the box!

550 my light broght can do better!

Good Nite Woot!

Resolution isn’t very high… 800x600 maximum? Does that mean the 1080i signals get down converted?

no server errors tonite lol :lol:

Damn, I just bought this projector about a month or so ago for about double the price. I love it…it is low end, but really does the job. I watch a movie or 2 a night and they look awesome. Better than the theater because you can pause.

Nice! I bought 3! Page 1 too!

:shock:

No tuner

These projectors are so GREAT. I saw Miracle on one, and it is a whole new ballgame. But where does this one rank in quality of pic?

Shoot. Did I say BALL game?

Did you notice in paragraph it says contrast of 2000:1
But in item description it says 1000:1?

Great Item… Just wished it was at least 1024x768 and was native 16.9.

But at $499.99 I would almost buy one because of the deal!

W00T!!!