InFocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector

I just bought a projector screen from yesterdays sponsor, RAC … hope it looks nice with my projector

Seriously considering this one.

Too bad that:

1. Native resolution is 800 x 600 (can display a fuzzy 1024 x 768 ?)
  2. Doesn’t come with a case.

i wish i had the money for this

no you didn’t.
you didn’t even buy one.

YOU ARE SPINNING A WEB OF LIES AND DECEIT!!!11

Cool Woot - refurb though - still tempting.

WOW - i am about to call my mom up and get her to loan me $500 for one!!! - i swear - this is freeken sweet!!!

I don’t know how good of a deal it is - but its so awesome - yes it is refurbished - but still - wow - guys - can i get some feedback on the quality of this sucker.

i am a home theater FREAK - i love audio/visual stuff.

Can i hook up cable tv to it? or do i need to get comcast digital cable box to use this?

Review: http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/InFocus_ScreenPlay_4800/4505-3180_16-30470214.html

It has meh image quality and no digital inputs. For a couple $100 more, you could get one brand new, with the full warranty, better image quality, and digital inputs.

nice server ;]

I wonder how this baby would hold up with the dells to make a small movie theater

[quote user=“xxtoon”]Great Item… Just wished it was at least 1024x768 and was native 16.9.

But at $499.99 I would almost buy one because of the deal![/quote]
16.9 is one of the presets.
runs it at like 800x4something i think… whatever that would be…

Here’s a glowing review of it on Crutchfield’s site – Crutchfield Articles & Videos

Wow, this is the 1st time in a long time I was actually up late enough to see what Woot had right at midnight. It’s late though, I’m tired and I have too much homework and too many tests to worry about. Wish the Projector had been a few hundred less, I would’ve bought one then.

nooooooooo! damn you woot! i have been looking for something exactly like this, but i won’t have that much money to spare for at least a few more months.

I’ve gone one similar at work that we use for our presentations. This is an awsome woot and the price… OMG.
If i could justify it, i’d put it on the corp card then steal it, lol
Innfocus rocks!

Here is a link to the epinion reviews for the 4805. I have no idea if this model is the same design (but lower resolution) or if they are very different. Anyway, there weren’t any reviews there for the 4800 so this was the closest I could find.

ANYONE WANT THE ROCKFORD FOSGATE BUNDLE? i just need to get rid of it bc i cant afford it. its still in the box woot sent it to me in. email me at fooshie18@netscape.net

whiner list
Superninja - ii (Too bad it: 1. Can’t display 1024 x 768 2. Doesn’t come with a case.)
pernst - i
Kimo - i
mac daddy - i
Total - 5

no you didn’t.
you didn’t even buy one.

YOU ARE SPINNING A WEB OF LIES AND DECEIT!!!11[/quote]

Ha ha ! That’s hella funny! Big Brother Cow is watching you, eh?

Didn’t you whine about this last night?!!? :roll:

Remember this is a refurb!

No true HD display.

Bulbs are expensive to replace.

But a good price if you don’t mind these drawbacks.

I just bought a projector screen from yesterdays sponsor, RAC … hope it looks nice with my projector[/quote]

I bought a screen the same day from bestbuy, running about an 8 foot viewing size and watching from about 15 feet away…on occassion if you really look you can seen the screen door…but it looks great even with black and white. Dr. Strangelove was one of the first movies I watched on it and it was great.