InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Projector

Welcome to the InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Projector topic page for Thursday, June 30th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Wahooo!! First post… i hope that when u say “one more chance” that it will be the last time you are selling these things…

cmon!!! We have waited soo long for our BOC’s!

Ugh, again? FYI, this is not HDTV (though HDTV is mentioned several times in the description), it is EDTV (Enhanced Definition, which means the screen is wider than Standard Definition). It may accept HDTV signals, but it reduces the resolution to that of normal, non-HD television. EDTV is marginal at 42", at big projection sizes it is poor.

Plus this comes with a 90 day warranty. The color wheel is a mechanical part that wears out. Why do you think they have so may refurbs? Odds are you will be paying for service on this projector within the next two years.

I’m not saying it’s an awful deal, but projector prices are falling through the floor right now, and you can get 1024x768 projectors with full warranties for not much more.

ooops double post

YES YES!!! READ flyguyjm04’s post!!!

IT IS SO TRUE!!!

EVERYONE READ HIS POST (on page 2)

Hi Dad!!! I love u!

WOOTAGE™ - I think this should be the new scale of measuring a WOOT, kind of like a light bulb (wattage). From now on, WOOTS are going to be rated this way :wink: Like, hey the BOC is a 100 WOOTAGE, whilst the AB-TILT is about a 5 WOOTAGE. (this ought to bring some wrath from the ab-tilt diehards, you know who you are :wink: )

What do you think tonights WOOT rates on the WOOTAGE scale?

I rate this a 80 WOOTAGE as it is at least $250 more on froogle… most places are $400-$500 more!

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com … [b]Great Deals, coupon codes and freebies. [b]

InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Projector
You still don’t have one? OK, here’s one more chance…
$699.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Dude. Dude. Dude. We’ve gone out of our way to bend over backwards to move heaven and Earth just so you can get with the InFocus program. It’s never been so easy or affordable to enjoy life-size, crystal-clear, 16:9, 750-lumen home theater action – and with the imminent collapse of our oil-based economy, it may never be this easy again. (Or so this one guy at the bus stop outside Taco Bell told us.)

And yet there you sit, squinting through the haze of your cruddy little 13” black and white TV, the one manufactured in the former Yugoslavia under the dubious brand name “Sonry.” That sad little excuse for a screen is so tiny, the San Francisco Giants look like dwarves and Grand Theft Auto is just a misdemeanor.

It’s so sad, so unnecessary. And after all the trouble we’ve gone to, it’s tantamount to a slap in the face. But our bottomless well of Wootarian kindness compels us to give you one more chance to make things right before we cross your name from our Hanukah card list. Here it is: the InFocus ScreenPlay 4805. All the features you crave, all the convenience you want, all the savings you need. Isn’t our friendship worth it?

Features:

Condition: Recertified by InFocus, 90 day warranty

HDTV/SDTV compatible — when connected to a separate HDTV tuner, displays all signals at 480p
Stunning Images Come from Attention to Detail — The ScreenPlay 4805 uses native 16:9
DarkChip2 DLP technology from Texas Instruments, the only display solution that creates an entirely digital connection between a source and the screen in front of you.
Academy-Award-Winning Enhanced Faroudja DCDi Video Processing — The images are produced with ultimate fidelity: clear and artifact-free, without those jagged lines you see on some large-format displays.
Pre-calibrated to 6500K
Incredible Movies, Games, TV and More — Project everything in amazing color, size and clarity. Plug in any type of game box and jump into the action, show off your vacation photos from your digital camera or camcorder, or enjoy front-row seating for your favorite team by attaching to your TV.
Lightweight Package — At 7.8 lbs (3.5 kg) the ScreenPlay 4805 is light enough to take to a friend’s house – small enough to carry under your arm.

Specifications:

Resolution: WVGA (854×480)
Brightness: 750 ANSI Lumens
Contrast Ratio: 2200:1
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Display Technology: DLP
Lens: F/2.4, f 21-25 mm
Weight: 6.8 lbs.

Inputs and Outputs:

1 — Component (RCA): HDTV, EDTV (progressive), and Standard TV component video (interlaced)
1 — S-Video: Standard Video
1 — Composite (RCA): Standard Video
1 — Stereo RCA jacks: L&R Audio input
1 — DVI (M1):HDTV RGB, HDTV Component, DVI with HDCP decryption, computer and USB, HDMI via available adapter
1 — 3.5mm Stereo Mini-Jack: Audio output (variable)
1 — 3.5mm Mini-Jack: 12v screen-drop

boy this is an expensive week for me to buy anything, gnite

Projector again??? Geeeez… Gnite

Wish I had the money for it, too bad…

they are like a flu that wont go away.

1. I’m going back to sleep. Love the deal, and if I could move enough of my Woot piles to see a screen or even a wall in the house, I would bite.
    So for now, I’m going to shut my eyes and project my own personal movies from the inside

Be bi biddy bi bo. :wink:

He said Ab-Tilt! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm…someone got a warehouse full of projector me thinks… :lol:

worst woot ever

cool a projector…

Another expenise item—yuck. I want my BOC!

That’s a hot woot!

G’nite all. zzzzzzzzzzz

Wake me up when it’s at least 720p at the same price. 480? … are you serious?

BOC PLEASE!!!

[size=12:827c1f1329][size=18]Someone at Woot must be sleeping with someone at InFocus…enough already with these g*d damn projectors…they are recertified crap…(please note that someone will immediately comment how great recertified is…that is a bunch of bull)

let’s think outside the box…or projector

something new…something fresh…and that doesn’t mean a remote control car, dinosaur or a lemonade juicer[/size:827c1f1329][/size]

:lol: You must be new here. This is a good woot! :stuck_out_tongue: