InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector

darn… i reallly wanna show love for woot bringing out the big guns again… love the projector deals… too expensive for my budget, as usual, but it’s nice… cnet loves it… the price is hot… etc. useful comparison shopping links are updated… have a good nite.

does this thing have a lens shift? according to cnet, they claim it doesnt…

InFocus 7210 product report

Overall it’s a good projector ESPECIALLY for this price. But the Panasonic PT-AX100U is the best projector you can get at a little higher price range.

I have the Infocus 5000 and love it. Projectors are great for playing games. I used to go to my friends house for Lan parties and we would watch 10 foot wide p0rn as we played.

Nice woot, but a bit too much for me. Hoping for something smaller :slight_smile:

I dunno I think that the ACER PH503 720p dlp which has HDMI is a way better deal for less than six bills at tiger direct.

While I agree that the Panny is a better projector, it is hardly “the best projector you can get.” And I find it funny that your link shows its price almost double what this is going for, is that what you call “a little higher price range”???

what exactly is a woot-off??

and why isn’t this projector worthy?
i have a friend that has this exact model and it is by far the best HD projector I have seen… granted I have only seen his in live action but still…

Question: What is the refresh rate?

well this is a good deal, but not for a 720 projector, Newegg has an ACER 720 projector for 699. Specs are similar

That’s why I said the WOOT price on the InFocus is very good! The usual price is quite a bit more, making it more comparable to the Panny. And the Panny obviously isn’t the “greatest projector ever” as it’s only 720p. There are much higher end ones like the JVC RS1, or the Mitsubishi HC5000 but those come in at $4000+, not really in the same range at all. For 720p projectors you’re looking at this one, the Panny, and the Optoma HD70. All very good. If I lived in the US, this deal would be EXTREMELY tempting.

This is a decent price for a DarkChip 3 DLP projector. If you have good light control and a nice screen, it’s hard to beat DLP for image quality.

Complete specs and other opinions on this projector can be found here.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/InFocus_Home-ScreenPlay_7210.htm

I see some orange flashing lights on the main page – what do they mean?
No, you aren’t seeing a side effect from your allergy medication. You have found a Woot-Off, a short term frenzied mutation of our product posting procedure. In Woot-Off mode, a new product is launched immediately after the sellout of the previous deal. There is a half-Woot-life of 12 hours maximum on any product within a Woot-Off that does not sell out. The number of Woot-Off items, sequence, and quantity will not be announced. When Woot-Off mode is over, the orange lights will disappear and our normal schedule will resume. Depending on its success, this may be a mode we would go into once or twice a month for a relatively short duration of time (24-72 hours generally.)

NooB.

Wait… What am I?

dell is selling an infocus with similar stats, but with 2200 lumens for cheaper

You missed the key point…

“dell is selling…”

$100 off last time when I bought it, but save your money and get a 1080p

The refresh rate (or “vertical refresh rate”, “vertical scan rate” for CRTs) is the number of times in a second that a display is illuminated. This is distinct from the measure of frame rate in that the refresh rate includes the repeated illumination of identical frames, while frame rate measures how often a display can change from one image to another.

For example, a movie projector advances from one frame to the next 24 times each second. But each frame is illuminated twice or three times before the next frame is projected. As a result, the movie projector runs at 24 frames per second, but has a 48 or 72 Hz refresh rate.

Increasing the refresh rate decreases flickering, reducing eye strain.

And don’t call me Shirley.

I have one with 3000 lumens and one with 1050 lumens the difference huge. Especially when watching with a lot ofambient light in the room

I could not find a single 720p Infocus on the dell site.

Feel free to share a bit more details with us.

A home theater projector with 3k lumens??

VERY IMPRESSIVE, which model?

Forgive my ignorance, but how do these compare to a 720p LCD for movies and games…like PS, or the Wii? I built my “tv room” 10 years ago with projector in mind, now the flat screen is the “in thing”. Where to throw my money I don’t have yet? that is the question.