InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector

Warning:
Using this product as a melee weapon as advertised in the description may void your warranty

Feb 2009. FCC.

Not really a great deal. Optoma’s HD70 and Mitsubishi’s HD1000U are both sub $1000 720p projectors that have had nothing but positive reviews from various websites. Don’t get me wrong this is a good deal if you had to buy this particular model… but you can find similar options with even better specs for around $400 cheaper. Many sellers on ebay even throw in a screen and mount for no extra charge so shop around. This may be for some people but I’ll pass…

good projector, lumns are decent, 720 can hold high-def… great for the trailer or camper… not

I want one, but I don’t have one yet.
Owned.

This one is from woot though, which means if you don’t buy it you’re wasting money on other things like clothes for your kids. Great projector here, uncle owns this same one and the output is gorgeous.

Name one!!! Yeah didn’t think so.

I wonder how much are bulbs

Or just stare into the projector.

You’re ill-informed. Really, all DLP means is that it’s a different method for projecting an image. So, it’s the same image (no matter what you’re doing) at a slightly higher or lower quality, depending on the technology you’re comparing it to.

It’s like saying “Does an artist use paint or pencil?” The answer is “It depends on how they want it to render, but not what they render.”

As for the screens, you’d typically use your standard white matte screen, either a roll-up or a foldable. Something like that. If you’re rich, you can get a motorized one controlled by relays. Then you can use your tongue to lower your screen! Whee.

Try this former woot!
[720p and 1000 ANSI lumens for $789]
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1147205

Not a bad deal… but I recommend a Hold.

Good luck!

Jon

If only I had an extra 1300 bucks laying around and my 56 inch DPL stopped working…all at the same time, I would buy this…

Looks cheaper than the $2000 that they normally cost though…

523.99 on salestores.com

$289.00 on eBay.com

Any number of screens? A white wall?

No one “needs” a dlp projector. However, no one really “needs” ANYTHING on woot. Most everything on woot is a luxury item.

Now, beyond that, this is not the best deal on a projector in woot history. Certainly not a bad deal, though.

I’ve been planning on getting a projector (haven’t started researching them yet, so I couldn’t tell you if a TI Dark Chip or whatever is a good thing or not) for the game room. Gonna hook a Wii (now that’s a strange translation… :)) up to it an get everyone bowling on the big screen. Buddy of mine has one set up, and it rocks! 720p should be fine? Still, gonna need to wait for the ol’ Christmas Bonus (hint hint nudge nudge) before I jump off and buy one of these.

I am tired of people complaining about woot not having 1080p. More often than not people cannot even explain the difference between the different formats, let alone identify it with the naked eye. As in, 1080p = useless without blu-ray or HD-Dvd . . . you pick up on this stuff after a few years in home theater sales.

Man, this is a great deal! I can not even find a use one for this low. If I could make payments on this, I would be all over it.

Why do you note DLP? Are you asking why anyone would need a front projector (how many 100" or greater TVs do you seen in Best Buy?) or why anyone would specifically need a DLP projector versus other technologies?

Good luck!

Jon

Honestly, I work in the industry, and I would recommend a Sanyo projector any day. They can do hi-res video (1080p) via their multi-mode HD15 ports. And if you’re going to spend $1,300 on a semi-lame projector, spend $3,500 on a projector that will be more-or-less current for the next 15 years.

this may be an old model, but it’s got the DC3 chip and the number 1 big factor, a 5x color wheel. This was a $4000 projector when it first came out. I’d buy it but I need something that can do 92in from 16 feet away. By the way whom ever said there were brighter projectors out there isn’t totally true. They may be brighter at first, but after being calibrated there is no way it’ll be as bright as this one (already calibrated)… I’m talking about all the ones in the $1300 price range. This’ll sell like hotcakes I’m sure.