InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 HD DLP Projector

Get me a Delorean and i will buy you 3 of these… Go look up how deloreab’s are going for, that is is you can find one.

1,100 lumens will work well at sunset. Unless your on a cloud.

Guess it is what someone considers bright light, BRIGHT light.

Visit my Dungeon then.

We had his, until the bulb blew and we never replaced it. It was okay. It was great in the dark. Lamps? eh, okay… but natural light was the worst. Wasnt good for video games either. Now it sits in a box in a closet. Probably will be in the next garage sale.

Is it protected by a Leakfrog and kept clean by a Roomba?? Otherwise no sir.

I give my word it is, Which is funny. Leakfrog by the hot water heater. 2 Roombas run during the day.

my brother bought one of these and he said that the bulb life is exceptional, he has his on constantly and has never had to replace the bulb, the light does not fade either.

all in all. this is a good woot

Maybe, but kinda risky considering how many of those have actually sold on ebay (according to the completed listings); sell one for $200 what you pay, and still eat a +$2k (or +$1k loss if you wanted one for yourself) loss on the remaining units.

So these come up pretty often along with roombas eh? Do they ever do hard drives? I need one wicked bad and if it’s just dumb luck that i haven’t caught one already i don’t wanna waste the money in a real store or costco…

Just in case anyone thought I was making up the bit about the delorean…

It’s back to the future once again
Belfast’s winged wondercar to fly into production in Texas

Thursday, August 02, 2007

It’s back to the future all over again after the DeLorean Motor Company revealed it is set to resume production of the cult sports car - originally made in Belfast - after 25 years.

The Texas-based DeLorean Motor Company has confirmed it is poised to produce 24 of the ‘winged’ wonder machines next year.

The classic car found fame in the 1980s in the hit film Back to the Future.

Its gull-winged doors and stainless steel finish gave the car a futuristic sci-fi look that captivated people around the globe.

Currently, the DeLorean Motor Company strips old models and rebuilds them with unused parts.

But due to high costs, the company is set to scrap that method and start building new cars from unused parts left over from the 80s.

Maybe we can get one of these projectors and mount it to the roof of the new delorean and become a traveling theater!!

email me if you want to sell it.
volleyballerATexciteDOTcom

Critical links:

Link to the pictures at Crutchfield:
Back panel

Link to review at ProjectorCentral.com:
Review: InFocus ScreenPlay 7210 Home Theater Projector

Link to product sheet:

Link to users manual:

Good luck!
Jon

I have one of these, with a 99" 16:9 screen, and plywood in my bedroom windows, and at that nasty, outmoded 720p resolution, stuff looks better than I ever saw it in the theater. Plus great sound from my 6.1 surrounds. Got it on ebay for a penny under one thousand (older model than 7210) and a spare bulb for just over 300 more, a bargain now. Had it over a year, and no one is prying it from my cold, dead fingers.

that reminded me of those light bright commercials that were always on tv “…turn on the magic of colored light! light bright, LIGHT bright…” If you were on a cloud, what would you mount the projector too? And if that meant heaven, I hear they only use plasmas anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

just so you know, you can click ‘send message’ right underneath their name if you want just to reach them directly/ensure that they get your message…

Decent 1080p projectors will cost you your first borne son.

But I’ve had an HD (720p/1080i) inFocus projector for a few years and it’s served me well for movies/games. I haven’t need to replace the bulb. It’s easy to upgrade the firmware too. If you want to plug a DVI or HDMI source you need to buy some over priced adapter, though.

and im sure they will be horribly designed compared to the old ones and rediculously overpriced. like all cars that are “brought back”. Id love to have an original. Are they gonna be full of cocaine again? :slight_smile:

just got buy a tv …have to have a dark room to use that in … blahhh

"snnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffff…Beg pardon? : ) Full of what you say? heh heh

Do these have to be mounted to the ceiling or can you use them like a regular old projector?

I bought one of these the first time they were on woot and love it. Our walls were cream colored and we could watch movies during the day, but since we painted the walls dark and mounted the projector to the ceiling it’s wonderful, it’s like the movies… Highly recommended especially for the price, take advantage of the discounted screen, cables and be sure to get the m1 to dvi adaptor. this is my best woot yet!!