Initial IDM-1731 Portable DVD Player with 7” LCD

Welcome to the Initial IDM-1731 Portable DVD Player with 7” LCD topic page for Wednesday, June 8th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Thanks for the woot!
I could sure use a robomower though. With so much rain my lawn looks like a jungle.

[color=blue:a2c92bb0a7]http://www.dealtaker.com[/color]Get some great deals!

My Dog Skip may not play correctly due to unit’s antiskip protection
$119.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Sometimes you just need to kick back, veg out, and watch the entire first season of Murder, She Wrote. Ignore this need at your own mortal peril. It cannot be denied or forestalled. What would you do if such a hankering struck while you were waiting in a bus terminal? On a road trip? In the delivery room? Sitting in synagogue? Killing time in the book depository?

Without the Initial IDM-1731 Portable DVD Player with 7” LCD, you would be far offshore without an oar, Captain Hopeless. What are you doing without one?

The built-in seven-inch widescreen TFT (thin-film-transistor) LCD displays your favorite movies in their native aspect ratios, so you can see Dragonheart the way it was intended to be seen: on the tiny big screen! And skip protection—inexplicably uncommon in such gadgets—means you won’t miss a frame of the gruesome action. Its included rechargeable lithium battery gives it about two and a half hours of playback, so you can while away long, boring car rides by watching long, boring epic films.

If you happen to be kicking it in your crib or that of a homie, you can use the IDM-1731’s coaxial digital audio output to hook up an audio/video receiver and multichannel speaker system. You’ll be so blissfully awash in DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1-channel surround, you’ll stop kicking it, whatever you were kicking. (Coaxial digital-audio interconnect is not included.)

Features:
Condition: New, Retail
Warranty: 90 Days Parts, 1 Year Labor Manufacturer Warranty
7-inch LCD with 16:9 widescreen display to match the aspect ratio of your favorite movies
This Region 1 DVD player plays DVD-Video, VCD/SVCD, and MP3 CDs
Antishock system ensures smooth playback during active use
Coaxial digital-audio output for Dolby Digital and DTS surround passthrough
A/V input accommodates external device; includes full-function remote control and a cigarette lighter connection for the car
What’s In the Box:
DVD player
full-function remote control
AC adapter
high-capacity rechargeable lithium battery
composite-video interconnect
analog audio interconect
user’s manual
Coupons for 10 free DVD reantals at Hollywood video
Specifications:
Screen: 7” 16:9 LCD
MP3 playback: Yes
Playback formats: DVD-Video, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3 CD
Antiskip protection
Remote included
Repeat play
Track programming: Yes
Audio signal-to-noise ratio: Greater than 95 dB
Channel separation: Greater than 90 dB (at 1 kHz)
Audio dynamic range: Greater than 85 dB (at 1 kHz)
Power supply: DC 9V, 2A
Battery: Rechargeable lithium (supplied)
Battery life: Approximately 2.5 hours (depending on use)
Frame advance
Still/freeze frame
Parental controls: Yes (lock)
Picture zoom (2x, 4x)
Auto power off
Slow motion
Audio outputs: 1 minijack .125-inch stereo analog (left/right), 1 digital (coaxial)
Audio inputs: 1 minijack .125-inch stereo analog (left/right), switchable with output
Video outputs: 1 (minijack .125-inch composite-video)
Video inputs: 1 (minijack .125-inch composite-video), switchable with output
Surround-sound output: Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1-channel passthrough
Dimensions: 5.6” x 7.4” x 1.48”
Item weight: 2.1 pounds

WOOT-A-VU™!!! The feeling that this all somehow seems familiar!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
It can also be the feeling that one has seen a WOOT before. There is comfort in uniformity :wink: Come… be assimilated into the collective WOOT!! So, now that the game pads have been sold… is the computer to go with it coming soon?

http://www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

My Dog Skip may not play correctly due to unit’s antiskip protection
$119.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Now this is a woot!!!

Wow, if I was still travelling on business a lot I’d pick one up for this price. Fortunately, I don’t need one these days.

Good Woot for someone though.

BOC!

But I’m waiting for a Woot Laptop with DVD :smiley:

looks like a good deal to me

Good deal!
price: $139.99 on some other web sites; or less on ebay.

Woot-achelor™! Definition: the perpetual state of bachelorhood one finds oneself in when women shun them and are repulsed by them. This woot-athetic state is caused by an abnormal desire to spam, annoy, and irritate fellow human beings from 1am till sunrise each and every night on the Woot discussion board, thus proving to the opposite sex that one has no life, no life at all!!
But on to more woot-i-ful™ thoughts! Look at tonight’s Woot! Wow! What a great Woot! What an Amazing Woot!!!
I bet these sell out in a hurry! Though I hope not, because then no one would have any reason to visit the discussion board, and if all of you, my friends, leave me, I might get Woot-i-cidal!!!

cool player, too bad i dont need one right now :frowning:

on to tomorrow :slight_smile:

whiner’s list

cruzer - 1
one_drunk_monk - 1
mac daddy- 1
Total - 3

Nice dvd player, but I’m happy with my lappy.
Price on this is better than any of the new ones on froogle but I remember Target having this dvd player for $99 around Xmas time

http://www.exadeals.com – Taking deals to a whole new level!

where’s my puzzle :?: :lol:

not too bad…
but a remote on a 7" dvd player???

Shoot. I wanted to watch My Dog Skip.

I have a Powerbook, but do you think I should get this for the flights?

I’m tempted… I wonder how long the battery lasts. Any ideas?

I made the last page!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

damn good price. but not for me