Initial IDM-1731 Portable DVD Player with 7” LCD

See one_drunk_monk post! 8)

Doh! It’s deleted! :frowning:

looks like a good price…
cheapest on Froogle is around $130 from places I’ve never heard of.
Computers4Sure (Office Depot subsidiary) is around $157
Amazon is $151 and change… avg reviews 3.5*

Wow, I think I just wootgasmed

I want.

/me want BIG HARD DRIVES!!! SATA AND IDE!!!

WOOT me in the pants!

Check the reviews out there on this before you jump. first link google found shows prices from 135 and up, so woot rules on the price. But over half of the reviews on that same site complained that this viewer freezes up. Looks to me like enough problems to be more than a fluke. Those few who liked it, liked it a LOT, but many other reviewer (OK, of about the dozen reviews there) were unhappy.

Since my averatic slim laptop (a lot more money, but still a good buy, from Sams club) has a DVD capable drive, I guess I’ll stick with that for portable viewing. Larger, shorter battery life, but i can stop the movie and play solitare if I want… (can you tell? I’ve got No life…) :wink:

“Killing time in the book depository” Real classy for a Dallas operation

I have a Chinese version of this one. I’ve had it for about 5 months. I’m happy with it as it is small and very portable. Easier to carry than a laptop and I use it when I travel. Battery life is better than 2.5 hours with mine (up to 4 hours). The strange thing is that there is no forward or reverse button on the machine (although I noticed that the remote has it. I guess I’ll have to go dig it out). When I am watching a movie and I miss something, I can’t rewind. I have to use the button that goes back to a previous scene and watch the whole part again. Otherwise no complaints. I paid more than $119 for mine.

It might be cheaper at ecost, but it will likely be broken, and you’ll have to pay to ship it twice before you get a good one.

non-woot.

not that great of a deal, can get the same sort of thing for around the same price any day at circuit city or best buy

Costco next week has the 7" minitek with headphones, car adapter and carrying case for $120 with coupon and register rebate. No $5 shipping or tasteless Dallas jokes. :wink:

also, if anyone is interested,

Some more digging and details about the player,

It plays everything dvd, vcd and what not, and although it is region 1 locked

theres the hack to get rid of it, so its been on the market for a while. Good little player if you ask me :slight_smile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lot of you people may not know this but I’ve used this
site several times to unlock my DVD players all the time- so you can travel to several foreign countries and watch the other region DVD’s on your Woot! DVD Player!!!

I am not responsible for any liabilities or damages to your DVD player using these unlock codes on their site, INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh. nevermind.

Now the original post is saved forever :twisted:

But anyway, this is the kinda Woot that I really, really want, but can’t spend money on right now.

Could you provide a link? I searched a bit on the site with no luck.

I mostly saw a lot of $150-170 7" players.

[quote user=“Royaloliver”]A lot of you people may not know this but I’ve used this
site several times to unlock my DVD players…[/quote]

Jive posted this link just above you :?

wooty video

Can find this dvd player cheaper on ebay…

http://www.aaoseller.com