Innovative Technology Photo Negative and Slide Scanner

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Innovative Technology Photo Negative and Slide Scanner
$24.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Anyone own one of these? I’ve thought about getting one for my father who has a ton of old Negatives but has more recently gotten into storing photo digitally.

I bought one for my uncle. Problem is, we can’t get it running in Windows 7. That’s about the only complaint I can make, considering we still haven’t tried it out for that reason. Self powered via USB though. That’s bound to be nice.

I checked Amazon and out of about 120 or so reviews, 47 were 1 star (out of 5).

Reviews at Amazon are terrible. With shipping it’s only $10 cheaper here…

In for one. worth a $30 gamble…
At worst, I’ll gift it to someone I dont like if it sucks.
and trying to keep this woot-off moving

Woot sold the Vuepoint slide/negative scanner last month for only $9.99. It has identical specs.

Yeah, I think i’ll stay away anything that has that many one star reviews.

Just noticed the Ad at the bottom of the comment page is for a Buick.

Yeah, when Woot sold the VuePoint version last May for $9.99, they specifically said that it was only for Win XP.

I got one, quality is decent but it is a pain in the butt to get the negitaves to line up with the 2 slides they give you…be better it they just gave you a 3rd slide that did NOT have the seperate spaces

These are garbage. It’s not a scanner, it’s a cheap 4 megapixel digital camera in there. The quality was so abysmal I threw mine away. I couldn’t in good conscience resell it to anyone on ebay.

Aside from the fact that the current ad states Vista, and 7 is essentially the “Pretty Woman” version of Vista…

But yeah.