Insensitive and offensive, woot!

I’m stunned that woot has decided to enrich the maker of the mypillow product. Most businesses are careful to curate a good reputation, and this particular brand has decided to eschew that, so they deserve the criticism they receive. Woot should be ashamed for aligning with them.

Even more, your staff should be ashamed of not only their decision to represent a brand which promises to financially support hate but up the ante by responding with callous disregard to people who are reacting to these poor decision.

How incredibly daft for your company to ignore all sense of situational awareness with what is going on right now. Representing products from companies that financially support those who stand against equality for all is the very same as taking a stand in support of racism, sexism, and bigotry.

I won’t be buying one more thing from you unless you take down the deal and apologize, including an apology directly from your very tactless employee.

Admittedly, I only clicked on the deal to see if people were going full Twitter in the comments.

1 Like

I was hoping it would spread to this thread. Now what am I going to do with all this popcorn? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

3 Likes

I’m here… ready with my popcorn for all the Karens

1 Like

Wait, the Karens would be pro-My Pillow, wouldn’t they?

2 Likes

Nah… they’d be wanting to speak to the manager about a perceived injustice.

3 Likes

I have so much to learn. Twitter has ruined me.

1 Like

This is where I would post a gif of the game stop “Ma’am” meme…
But I am far too classy to do that…

How about TWO more things?

2 Likes

Been a woot customer for many years. Might have to call it quits here. I know that seems a bit much but the MyPillow company has doubled down on there backing of crackpots like Tucker Carlson.

Also, if I’m keeping it about the product. They are terrible, I bought a MyPillow SideSleeper years ago and all it was was a pillow casing with what feels like an old couch cushion chopped up and stuffed in a bag!

Woot wake up.

2 Likes

It looks like TPTB have turned off commenting on this product completely and removed all posts, including mine(*).

Historical question: has this ever happened before? Maybe on shirt.woot with one of the more risky designs, or one of the “herb grinders” or similar? Who would have thought that the most controversial item for sale on Woot would turn out to be freakin’ pillows?

(*) “These pillows only work on the far right side of the bed”. – IT"S A JOKE PEOPLE

2 Likes

It happens often with t-shirt designs.

You’ve never joined one of the 600+ games mini console threads before.

This isn’t the first time they’ve sold these pillows and have had the thread go downhill. TT got in there early to quash it.

Generally speaking, they let a lot of things go when it comes to off-topic discussion in a product thread. But when it turns into a yelling contest or name calling or just down right rudeness (in jest or earnest) she steps in. You want to get into that, post in Everything but Woot (where this thread is). It’s generally a free for all here.

2 Likes

It also turns out I was wrong about them shutting down the thread – there are two MyPillow offers at present and I looked at the wrong one.

1 Like

I will never understand why some people think the world owes them an apology.

You’re free to leave. Selling an item isn’t a personal thing. It’s business and we live in a free society. If you’re offended, leave. Stop thinking the world revolves around you.

6 Likes

I love this crap!

3 Likes

I always like to focus on the positive. If you want to hate the my pillow guy because you disagree with him politically fine, but don’t disregard the positive things he does. He does a lot of great work supporting former addicts who otherwise might never get another chance. If your hate is so narrowminded you can’t get past a persons political view, you’ll never see the good they do.

6 Likes