Insignia 4GB Media Player w/FM Tuner

Wired magazine gave this a 7/10 in their most recent issue. They noted that the battery life is impressive and the software will convert “any type of file” of video to work on it. The major downsides they listed are a clunky UI and poor bass.

How does these work for to play old tapes? Can you convert with these?

LOve u

Signal to noise ratio only 85 db?

Hmmmmmm…

Did you actually look at the other site or just see the Google listing which rarely is accurate. It’s showing $64 + $9 shipping and says new but once you open up the product page further it says Almost new, minor signs of use. That alone would keep me from trusting the listed product on Google.

That, my friend, is a very large PLUS! Know of any $60 Ipods? Hmmmmmmm?

Everything refurbished I’ve bought from woot has turned out to be a poor quality product.

Not bad for the price, but i like my phone, i can watch movies and listen to music on it, Mp3 player phones rock. But if you want a mp3 player This isn’t a bad idea at all.

I don’t know of any shows long enough to exceed 4GB even in full DVD Quality. With MPEG4 and at that resolution, you should be able to fit hours of video, although I have no idea how good the video player on this is.

Works with Rhapsody which IMO is the best pay for music subscription.

I had one of these and ended up throwing it at a wall in frustration. It was always locking up, not playing music, etc. When I finally would get it to work the battery would die. I say get a Toshiba Gigabeat and run RockBox on it.

Linky to a CNet video, prizefight in which this Insignia beats out the very similar iRiver X20:

http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-28179.html

I actually have one of these and I love it! I use it a lot and I only seem to have to charge it every few months. Have had no problems with it.

I do, check ebay for “AS IS” and those “We promise this will arrive broken” iPods.

Does the battery charge when unit is plugged into pc via usb?

windows media 11? can i play games on it?

will it give me happy ending? :stuck_out_tongue:

What the hell, I am in for one. Not a bad review atCNET!

I have several Sandisk MP3 players from Woot that have been fantastic performers. Unlike Ipods, they have a built in FM radio, and record audio. Prices ranged from 14 to 50 dollars. Worth many times more. Oh yeah, I can slip in a AAA battery when needed. Rechargeable or not. Try that with an Ipod.

Video quality is 2.2” (320x240) 262k color LCD display. Not bad and with refurbs, typically sent back by technically illiterate people. Guy says , Its no iPod. Duh!. I have an 80GB vido Ipod and this would be nice for my son. Anything video from Apple going to cost 5x. so guy w/ Ipod comment, where is your head?

So you’ve had 2 in the past… what happened that you needed 2?

Ships with Arcsoft Media Converter2 to convert to .avi format…

Exactly! You convert it to that resolution and have 2 channels and it will fit quite a few hours of video.

As for 4gb of music… Umm…I have a 4gb player and it takes me 5 minutes to update the music if I want to add a playlist and unless I’m going cross country 4gb is plenty of music for the gym or driving or taking the train for more than a week in normal circumstances.