Inspiration Vineyards Fall Zinfandel (4)

Mark,

What I would find imminently helpful, would be a comparison between the Woot offering and what I could get in a local store. I’m never going to purchase 4 bottles of $23 wine and pay $9 each for shipping. A $32 wine from a local merchant will win out every time. Or better yet, a $40 wine that’s on sale locally for 20% off will win out every time over a $23 bottle that ships for $9. So the vs. shipped wine comparison doesn’t tell me anything.

No, the useful comparison is whether or not I can get this wine locally (within a 20 mile radius). And if so, what I’d have to pay for a single bottle, versus the deal Woot’s putting on the table. IOW say your local wine merchant can special order this for $26/bottle and Woot has it for $16 if you buy 4. Or better yet, Store X had this on sale 3 times in the last year for $20/bottle. That’s info that would help me press the BYB.

I just posted a comment and noticed for the first time my square is purple too! 50 woots already? Seriously? I’m surely in big trouble with SWMBO. How many Woots does it take to brand you a shopaholic?

How on earth could Sparky know/figure out/factor in what every single “local wine shop” sold a wine for?

The fact that Sparky does what he does is a huge benefit the entire community. I greatly appreciate that he does it. You should do.

j

I might add that Inspiration, being a relatively small producer, is probably not available in too many local wine stores.

…especially in a 3 year vertical!

Many of the wines I seek out are like that. Small, family winemakers are what I like, so I bring 'em here.

Considering the quality of some of the PN you tasted on the 2010 rpm tour, that’s mighty high praise.

Congratulations!

I agree and appreciate very much the kind words!

Regaring Neil’s last comment - this is what I love about woot. Other than in Illinois (where I self distribute) you won’t find my wines outside of California.

I used to distribute to CO - but due to a pour economy, my distributor went under… I’ve also had problems going south to the SoCal mkt, bcuz wine shops there started closing too… so you’ll pretty much find me in a handful of small shops here in California and small shops in Illinois and at the winery - oh and on woot… :wink:

Replied to the PM and sent you the email.

With a final couple of hours left - I just want to thank everyone who wooted for us today! Happy Thanksgiving…

Cheers!
Jon

As posted, it would be impossible to gather that information for everyone on WW, considering that shipping goes all over the US.

The best that you can do, is bookmark your local wine stores and search their sites for the wines. zTimBz has found Corison in local Total Wine stores here in SoCal (and subsequently bought them out).

That being said, several of the ones I’ve listed in this and previous HGITD? are no longer available on the winery’s website. In fact, I don’t believe the current offer’s 2008 wasn’t even in Wine Searcher, so it may not be available on-line anywhere.

Kyle,

Do you just like to attack people attempting to improve their Wooting experience or was I reading your tone wrong?

A subsequent, less beligerent Wooter replied more in the spirit of what I was asking, by pointing out that few stores that carry small-producer wines will have a vertical and that Corison was available at Total Wines at one time.

No, you don’t have to know exactly where everyone lives to know that almost anyone with an internet connection lives within 20 miles of a store that sells wine. The other day I called my local Kroger-owned grocery store, of which there are 3574 in the US. I asked if they carried Forman because Ric’s cab is to die for. They said no, but they could get it for me and quoted a price.

Next time think before you fire off a dimissive comment. The fact that you have over 20,000 posts is no excuse for insulting newbies.

I agree with Kyle.
Perhaps you could add this feature that would be next to impossible to figure out for the average person and post that info. Yourself. Don’t ask someone todo something that you you won’t do yourself.