instaCHARGE Grab & Go Power Banks & Charging Kit

instaCHARGE Grab & Go Power Banks & Charging Kit

This is a really great deal! I love power banks and charging them gets a little tedious. I love the concept of a charging dock.

Picked one of these up here on woot 3-4 months ago. It’s great. All 4 of the batteries hold a charge. Admittedly, it’s a small battery… will bring my Galaxy S7 Edge from 20% to 80% and that’s about it but really all that i need/expect.
Size and utility of multiple, swappable batteries is great. Highly recommend.

Check out the Amazon reviews! 50% of them are 1-star. Ouch!

1 Like

I saw some of the reviews but figured I would take a chance. Sounds like thy may have gotten a bad cell in the batteries. Some of the reviews also seemed a little overly critical.

We tend to lose power at the worst times (just before charging our phones at night) so having some of these around would be helpful and having a central hub for them is a great idea

Uhh,NO.

I bought this and one of the four was DOA. The other three have a VERY small charge (only took my iPad Mini from 8-30%. That was it, and it took 4 hours to do that).

Total waste of money!

This is a neat device, but the manufacturing is sloppy. We had one unit that would not charge. in the holder. However,the battery pack showed lights when hooked up to a charge source on the other end. SO the batter worked, but something was keeping it from charging in the holder. Looking at it, we found that there were plastic prongs on the charging end that the other ones did not have. A better look made it clear that the bottom plate over the charging area was installed backwards and that the prongs were the clips that should have held the unit together. Slid the battery pack out of the housing, forced the bottom plastic plate out, replaced the battery pack and, having turned the plastic plate over, snapped in in place. Voila! It fit! It worked! But clearly, at the manufacturer, there must a stress on assembly line speed without a dependable method for parts alignment and appropriate quality measurement and management.

1 Like

Look carefully at the one that doesn’t charge - we had one where the plastics on the charge end were put on backwards. Irritating, but easy to fix. See my explanation below.