Install Woot?

Say… what’s this “Install Woot…” menu item on my Brave (chromium-based) browser?

Do it, and then report the results back to us. If you still can after the install.

Knowing my luck… they just offer these to people who otherwise refuse to be tracked, tagged or monitored… They know that they can ALWAYS get us with Woot! :rofl:

1 Like

What the heck is a Woot anyway?

(W)e’re (O)ut (O)f (T)elevisions?

2 Likes

(W)easeling (O)ut (O)n (T)hanksgiving.

2 Likes

(W)e’re (O)verly (O)tuse (T)oday.

(W)e (O)rdered (O)nly (T)wo.

(W)ombat (O)versee (O)ur (T)echnology.

2 Likes

Well since we’re playing this game:

(W)eapons (O)ut (On) (T)uesday?
(W)acky (O)ld (O)rnery (T)roubadours?
(W)e (O)verlooked (O)ne (T)ampon?

3 Likes

(W)e (O)utta (Opt) ou(T) of pointless pushes.

3 Likes

(W)hy (O)nly (O)one (T)urtle?

3 Likes

(W)ell, (O)bviously (O)rder (T)urtles.

3 Likes

(W)e’re (O)f (O)ur (T)ribe

3 Likes

Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

2 Likes

Oh you want me to take a stab at this?

2 Likes

I think I remember seeing this once before. It made the Woot page pop up in a separate floating window, if I remember right. But it was a while ago and everything is fuzzy.

1 Like

That’s just the tryptophan wearing off :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

From one of our wonderful developers:

both Chrome and Brave have an option to “install” sites that present as a “Progressive Web App”. It basically makes a shortcut on your computer to that site and opens it up in a dedicated browser window. Woot isn’t a PWA, but Discourse (and thus our forum site) is.

2 Likes

Oh well… “progressive”… that explains a lot :roll_eyes: :rofl:
So basically it just creates a shortcut :roll_eyes:

Thank you @ThunderThighs :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That reminds me – I still haven’t placed my order at Teeturtle for plushies I don’t need more off.

(A quick backstory for those who don’t know: their founder was (is?) the top volume artist on shirt.woot before he ventured out a little over a decade ago. Another artist on shirt.woot artist is on staff as their senior illustrator and for a little while, even a former shirt.woot editor was on their staff.)

3 Likes

oh that’s cool I had no idea

2 Likes