IntelliTEC Digital Water Purity Tester - 2 Pack

Gatorade not only quenches your thirst better, it tastes better too.

i kinda want to buy them just for kicks and giggles. :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m sure they would make a good housewarming gift… or earrings…

All it tests is total dissolved solids. That would be minerals, or something else.

What I’d like to see, is living “issues” in the water, not TDS.

Although, if it would tell the amount of sugars in water (or wort) I’d REALLY be interested!

steve

I think this is just a multimeter that only measures resistance. It is how manufacturing plants measure water purity.

Doesn’t check for bacteria or other pathogens, just measures for salt, minerals or other solids…Totaly useless!

Are these reusable ? I think I have an idea to force myself to buy.

Heh heh. Have any paranoid relatives to buy for this christmas?

Thanks to a friend of mine who alerted me to this woot, I just got 6! :smiley:

its sterile for about 4 hours

so yes its actually a good survival tactic

Careful…it probably won’t give you parts-per billion values for carcinogenic organic compounds. Use only for tap water and do not use for unknown water supplies!!!

it can detect parts per million of what?

Sorry Woot! My motto is “if its brown drink it down.”

It’s got electrolytes!

damn , i coulda used this in haiti . eleven years ago
gnite

Could someone please tell me why they bought these? I didn’t know they were really necessary in our country…

you would be suprised how low the percentage of people in this world have access to clean fresh water…and how fast that percentage is dropping

These are cool but why on earth would you need 2 of these? even if you did give one to a friend they will only use it like once or twice and give it back. maybe this is for all those mooch friends out there the ones that don’t return anything you loan them even if they don’t need/ want them any more. Wow i guess woot is really looking out for use i will buy 3 so i can loan 4 to moochers have 1 to loan to friends and have one with me at all time just in case i ever get stranded in kyrgyzstan with out bottled watter again after running from the FBI.

Hey! I’m here with Citizen’s Campaign for the Environment. We’re here to protect your clean air and water. Buy all of these and and while you’re testing your water, I’ll make sure to snatch that last Bandolier of Carrots in the meantime tomorrow night!

But seriously though, I’m thinking of getting some of these for hiking. Would be very very naice to be able to easily check how clean that lake/river water is.

Well if your water breaks, you can have an extra to teach your kid how to use it. :smiley:

I just bought this. I live out in a small town in the south and we are getting letters at least twice a month that there is too much crud in the water or there is too much chlorine. I hope these work, it would be nice to see if the water is safe to use. Bottled is getting expensive.

Bottled only is a pretty bad way to go unless you fluoridate/chlorinate/add minerals to your water. Your body naturally needs the nasty crap in the water in order to keep our immune systems and others in tip top shape.

But keep drinking your bottled water if you like, your teeth, bones, heart and other things will just age a little early.